New to the forum

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself as a new Catalina owner.
My wife and I purchased a 34mk2 in October and were lucky enough to get a slip within walking distance from our house. I have been lurking here a bit and wanted to join this excellent forum.
1999 34MK2 s/v Njord
Hull #1443
Poulsbo, Wa

Bill Shreeves

Congrats and welcome aboard!   My slip is nearly 2-hours away and I've often wondered if I'd not spend full weekends on the boat, which I love, if I lived very close.  You know, more like a day sailor.  That said, it would be great for getting projects done!

The info on this forum is awesome!  There is no better resource for 34's and I've heard that there aren't many boater forums that rival this one for info & help.
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

Ron Hill

Drew - You just joined!! and in your Post you gave us enough info about your C34 that we can logically help with any of your questions.

Glad to have you Onboard!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

waughoo

Welcome Drew!  And a local (to me at least) too!  It would be fun to have a mini get together of the Puget Sound local members on this board some day. 
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

scgunner

Drew,

Well done! Walking distance to a sweet sloop, that was my original goal, the closest I've come(so far) is a 10min drive. I've found the closer the boat the more use it gets and the better maintained it is.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273