Why We Have Our Boats

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon W

This past Friday San Diego Bay was opened for recreational boating. Today I went for a solo sail. I intended to stay in the bay with full main and jib to check for gremlins after sitting for a month. I couldn't resist the view so kept going out to the ocean. WNW wind varied between 10-16 knots. Reefed the main and jib right before the point, everything balanced, a great sail with typical swell. Unfortunately it was tack city coming back due to wind direction, so ended up motoring most of the way in (against the tide).
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

Noah

1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Stu Jackson

Sweet.  I miss that swell.  Great feeling as you work with your legs and stay stabilized.  Once, coming downwind from the Ocean through the Golden Gate, I had a magical hour with batches of dolphins off our port quarter, sitting on the port perchseat.  Heavenly.

Thanks for the photos.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

ewengstrom

Thanks Jon....I needed that.  :D :clap
Eric Wengstrom
s/v Ohana
Colonial Beach, Virginia
1988 Catalina 34 MKI TR/WK
Hull #564
Universal M25XP
Rocna 15

Roc

Thanks Jon...  we took a season off, so the last time I've been sailing was 2018!  Miss that feeling!
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD