New head

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Quote from: LogoFreak on April 27, 2020, 01:25:38 PM
Don't think I can get a job making wedding cakes anytime soon  :D

Maybe it's the color???   :D :D :D

Had you considered just a bigger base only?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Noah

I think his goal was to not leave the back of the toilet open (exposing internal machinery/guts)? Making a bigger base and a panel to cover the back, may have been another way to go.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

LogoFreak

One more layer of glass and I can fair and paint the outside. I will be glassing the inside as well so it's encapsulated to make it stronger and not let any smell or moisture impregnate the foam.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
1992 Catalina 34 Tall rig fin keel mk 1.5 "Polonaise"
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

Quote from: Noah on April 29, 2020, 03:14:44 PM
I think his goal was to not leave to back of the toilet open (exposing internal machinery/guts)? Making a bigger base and a panel to cover the back, may have been another way to go.

I did, for a very short moment. This is what it would look like.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

Noah

Using paint instead of gelcoat?
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

ewengstrom

I've always felt the best remodeling job is one where you can't tell anybody worked there.
That's a great design Logo and looks well thought out, I can't wait to see the finished product.
Eric Wengstrom
s/v Ohana
Colonial Beach, Virginia
1988 Catalina 34 MKI TR/WK
Hull #564
Universal M25XP
Rocna 15

LogoFreak

Quote from: Noah on April 29, 2020, 09:41:30 PM
Using paint instead of gelcoat?

Probably, I've considered gelcoat but it's bridle and will crack over time I feel. Probably use a polyurethane paint, trick is going to be to match the colour as close as I can.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

Quote from: ewengstrom on April 30, 2020, 03:31:40 AM
I've always felt the best remodeling job is one where you can't tell anybody worked there.
That's a great design Logo and looks well thought out, I can't wait to see the finished product.
Thanks Eric! I can't wait till it's done either! Bought the boat just over a month ago and haven't been able to head out for more than a couple of hours because of the non functioning head. I hope I can get it all done in the next couple of weeks so I can head out for a weekend.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

ewengstrom

Ain't that funny.....the only thing working reliably on Ohana right now IS the head...other than that, I'm getting close on everything else.  :clap
Eric Wengstrom
s/v Ohana
Colonial Beach, Virginia
1988 Catalina 34 MKI TR/WK
Hull #564
Universal M25XP
Rocna 15

glennd3

Nice job and thank you for the pictures!
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

LogoFreak

Back on the boat today to check on clearances on back side of it so I can glass that part in.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

I didn't take many pictures of the process, I'm definitely not an expert and have spent more time fixing my mistakes so not really of anything benefit to anyone lol. Heading to the boat to do a final fit check and then it's paint time.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

Quick update, got the first coat of gel coat on it today. Probably a total of 3 to 4 coats with wet sanding in between. I'd like to achieve a flat polished surface.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

Woohoo! Houston we have flushtoff! Took me far longer than I thought, work schedule and restrictions have made this a longer project than I had hoped for. All done now and the wait was worth it. I will post a link to the video as well but here's a few pictures.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

jmcdonald