Halogen light bulb wattage?

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck.Philips

We have two reading lights in the v-birth that are two-pin halogen bulbs on our 2005 34 Mk II.  I need to replace one of them that has now burned out--anyone know what wattage they are?  I can't find a notation on the bulb itself.  Thanks
Chuck Philips
"Forever Young"
2005 Catalina 34--#1725--Anniversary Edition

steveg

Chuck,

I would change out all the lights from halogen to LED lights. There are not as hot, longer lasting and a lower drain on the batteries then halogens. I have changed out the lights on my boat (2001 34 mkii) from the eye ball fixtures with LED lights. I tried the disc LED style lights with the two pins. The problem with them, is that you cannot align the two pins because it blocks your view and makes it almost impossible to get it in. I went with the tower LED lights with the two pins, and they worked just fine. I tried two sizes and found the the smaller ones gave plenty of light. I also did them for the running lights as well. Some of the other lights in the cabin have a different style. There are festoon bulbs if I remember correctly. You can get them from Catalina Direct or from Dr. Led lights. If you have any questions, Let me know.

Steve G.

Roc

I changed out all interior lights to LED.  Bought them from Super Bright LED.  They have all the types that fit into the sockets. 
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Jim Hardesty

Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

chuck53

Absolutely replace all bulbs with LED's.  Before I made the change, I measured the temps of my halogens...around 200 degrees.  LED replacements were around 120.  I do suggest you get the soft white bulbs, 3000 degrees Kelvin or less.  When you get into the mid to high 3000's, the bulbs put out a bluish tint.  The higher the kelvin temp, the bluer it will be.