Marinas closed in Md.

Previous topic - Next topic

joe feyder

It is a mixed bag in Oxford, Md.  Our boat was launched last week, but under the Governor's orders we can't sail.  Fishing is permitted.  Our marina allows us to work on the boats as long as we maintain social distances.  Other marinas in town have launched boats, but owners are only allowed to check the lines after working hours.   

lazybone

Our marina resumed launching boats Saturday.  Of course everything is backed up but there's lots of people working on their boats and in good spirits. 
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

glennd3

Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Breakin Away

For those of us who have our boats in Maryland but live outside the state, I would appreciate hearing reports here from anyone who encounters difficulties from law enforcement regarding Maryland's quarantine requirements for those coming from out-of-state. My hope is that Maryland will consider us to fall into the "regular commuter" exception, but I am not aware that this exclusion has been tested.

2001 MkII Breakin' Away, #1535, TR/WK, M35BC, Mantus 35# (at Rock Hall Landing Marina)

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Breakin Away on May 06, 2020, 03:32:30 PM
For those of us who have our boats in Maryland but live outside the state, I would appreciate hearing reports here from anyone who encounters difficulties from law enforcement regarding Maryland's quarantine requirements for those coming from out-of-state. My hope is that Maryland will consider us to fall into the "regular commuter" exception, but I am not aware that this exclusion has been tested.

Often multiple sources of info may be helpful:

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f168/maryland-bans-recreational-boating-for-the-duration-232281-7.html

See #256 and later posts.

Good luck.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Breakin Away

Quote from: Stu Jackson on May 06, 2020, 08:43:35 PM
Quote from: Breakin Away on May 06, 2020, 03:32:30 PM

Often multiple sources of info may be helpful:

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f168/maryland-bans-recreational-boating-for-the-duration-232281-7.html

See #256 and later posts.

Good luck.
Thanks for the suggestion. That's a much larger audience. I've posted and gotten some responses.

2001 MkII Breakin' Away, #1535, TR/WK, M35BC, Mantus 35# (at Rock Hall Landing Marina)

Roc

Just talked to the manager at our marina, Haven Harbour, and he said they are open to slip holders.  We can go anytime now.  Also being out of state is no problem.  Looks like recreational boating is now active.  The one thing we would have to do is comply with the "social distancing" guidelines.  Restaurants in the area are slowly opening up over the next few weeks for take out.  Time to start spring commissioning work!
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

glennd3

I moved Knot Yet this morning to my new marina about 15 miles down the bay. I saw only a handful of boats out. Maybe it will be kind of nice without heavy traffic because of Corona. Ullman is coming to put on my new sails, if the weather cooperates a little.
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

mregan

Up in RI marinas are open.  Our marina sent out a letter saying everyone needs to wear a mask on the docks but on your boat you don't need to wear one.  They did mention the governor said no transient boats allowed this summer.  Although I was looking at the Newport, RI website and they mentioned transient boats had to self quarantine on their boats for 2 weeks so not sure if the rules got changed.  If that says in affect all summer, going to be a quiet Newport.