Marinas closed in Md.

Previous topic - Next topic

glennd3

The governor has closed all marinas, we cannot launch our boats.
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Noah

Sorry to here that. While CA is semi-closed down, in San Diego, we can still get to our boats that are in the water.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

lazybone

Marinas are required transportation and are allowed to stay open.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Breakin Away

Any update on this? I heard that some changes were made on March 24, and this would appear to cover marinas, but I'd like to hear confirmation from someone else:

QuoteThe Transportation Systems Sector includes, but is not limited to:

xii. Companies that supply parts, or provide maintenance and repair services for transportation assets and infrastructure, including aircraft, marine vessels, locomotives, rail cars, trucks, buses, cars, heavy equipment, roads, bridges, tunnels, airports, air strips, marine terminals, railroads.

Presumably a marina is a marine terminal in this context.

2001 MkII Breakin' Away, #1535, TR/WK, M35BC, Mantus 35# (at Rock Hall Landing Marina)

glennd3

It seems it depends on the level of service each marina provides. Some are launching but their stores are closed for example.
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Roc

Based on the Maryland Governor orders, our marina is closed..... We are not allowed on the property.  See below.

ROCK HALL, Md. – By executive order of Maryland Governor Larry Hogan, all residents who are not considered essential by their work or whose work is not considered an essential business are ordered to stay at home. How does this effect Haven Harbour Marina Resorts?

•   In response to the governor's mandate, our public closure is extended and expanded to include the closing of our operation completely and indefinitely. We have made this difficult decision with the best interest of our community and fellow Marylanders in mind.

•   Access to our properties, including both Haven Harbour Marina (HHM) and Haven Harbour South (HHS) boatyards as well as the Inn at Haven Harbour, is prohibited effective Monday, March 30 at 5:00 p.m. ET. This closure includes all offices, restrooms, fuel dock and marine goods.
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Roc

Looks like we're allowed to use our sailboats on the bay, as long as we paddle them (as a form of exercise)   :D

Otherwise, it's recreational boating, and it's not allowed.

https://chesapeakebaymagazine.com/md-clarifies-no-recreational-boating-order/

Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

lazybone

I'm allowed to work on my boat but they won't be putting it in the water.   I'm lucky enough to own another sail boat and and assorted power boats I can launch myself. 

First world problems..... solved.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Ron Hill

All : I surely hope that all the ICW boats coming back north reads the Notices to Mariners - on the Chesapeake!!!   Nothing OPEN in Md.!!

A Thought   :cry4`
Ron, Apache #788

lazybone

Anyone traveling north who needs a stopover 40 ft slip in md can use mine.  it's paid for. 
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Phil Spicer

Looks like marina restrictions in Ohio are being relaxed so we can put in...once we uncover. We had hail and snow today, but not much.
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

glennd3

Update, recreational boating is still not allowed in Md.. I am having the boat launched next week at the marina where I store the boat for the winter. I am then moving the boat to another marina for the season, about 15 miles down the bay. I am allowed to transit from one marina to another for this reason. Md. I believe is the only state with full restriction in place. I am not really loving our governor at the moment. I would say more but I believe that politics do not belong on our site. I have attached a picture of a very high tide at my summer marina from today.

Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Noah

UPDATE: They just reopened San Diego Bay for recreational boating beginning May 1st. However: The
If more than one person is in the boat, they need to be members of the same household.😎
Standard Rig

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Noah on April 30, 2020, 09:45:10 PM
UPDATE: They just reopened San Diego Bay for recreational boating beginning May 1st. However: The
If more than one person is in the boat, they need to be members of the same household.😎

Drats, does this mean you can't take your girlfriend out sailing?!?  :shock:
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Noah

Standard Rig