Lubrication of thru-the-hull valves

Previous topic - Next topic

c34member

Is the use of spray teflon effective for lubricating the thru-the-hull valves?

Stu Jackson

Charlie

suggest you check out Forespar's website, or get one of their catalogs.  They distribute the Marelon thru hulls used on C34s.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

jrupinsk

I've been using teflon paste that is used for plumbing.  I dissamble the valve and smear the stuff in the ball with a brush.  I think the spray stuff is kind of dry.

Jan
s/v La Vie Dansante
C34 MKII #1311
Cape May, NJ

c34member

This is very interesting.  I don't recall asking the original question?!?  I use hand applied Lanacote on my through hulls, but am more interested in who is using my identity and why and how.  At least they didn't ask about smuggling underage sex slaves out of the country or something of that nature.

Roc

Do you think this imposter could be your evil twin!!  His boat probably is a black painted C34 hull, complete with dark helmet.  Just think, lubricating marelon with spray teflon, how disgusting!!!

Roc :eek:
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

c34member

He might want to meet my wife before he assumes my identity.  I bounced this off Dave Smith and he is even now running my DNA through the Bat Computer (notice I spell "through" as Brother Webster did, not as "thru").  I did fall asleep on the couch last night at about 7PM and can't account for an hour or so.  Maybe I'm leading a double life?  (No, I'm not.  Go back to sleep).

Aquakon

you guys think I don't smell a trap when I see one?

Rumours of my Death Persist