Kubota Block Equivalent

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

I was asked by a C36 owner about the # of the blocks.  It took me some research to find this post by Bernd Mueller, and I thought it would be helpful to make it pop up again, with a quicker search on "Kubota equivalent"

:Kubota / Universal Injector parts 
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For information purposes, please note the following Universal/Kubota engine cross references  (Kubota equivalent):

Universal M-25 is a Kubota Block D-850
Universal M-25XP is Block D-950
Universal M-30 is a Block D-1101 & D1102
Universal M4-30 is a Block Y-850
Universal M-35 is a Block V-1200

This should help in finding parts at your local Kubota Dealer.

Bernd Mueller
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ken Juul

I found a link in the archives to a similiar (perhaps the same) message.  It stated that the engine model was stamped on the dipstick.  I forgot to confirm this when I winterized earlier this month.  Perhaps someone still using their boats this winter can check for us.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

John Sheehan

Went and checked our M-35B motor this morning.... The block has V-1305 cast on the starboard side and the number on the dipstick is 16224-36411.

Happy New Year to all.

John
John Sheehan
Sea Shell
2003 MKII  # 1642
Gulf Breeze, FL

Ron Hill

Guys : Knowing the engine block is only half of the puzzle!! 
Kubota parts people tend to reference the engine by the tractor it is installed in, rather than the engine number. 
The M25XP is used in the B7200 tractor. The M25 engine is used in the B7100 tractor.   :clap
Ron, Apache #788

Breakin Away

Time to update this old thread to debunk a bit of folklore...

Quote from: John Sheehan on December 31, 2007, 07:45:30 AM
Quote from: Ken Juul on December 31, 2007, 04:58:23 AM
I found a link in the archives to a similiar (perhaps the same) message.  It stated that the engine model was stamped on the dipstick.  I forgot to confirm this when I winterized earlier this month.  Perhaps someone still using their boats this winter can check for us.
Went and checked our M-35B motor this morning.... The block has V-1305 cast on the starboard side and the number on the dipstick is 16224-36411...
I checked my dipstick and its number is also 16224-36411. So either I bought John Sheehan's boat, or the number cast onto the dipstick is a part number. My betting money is on the latter.   :wink:

Quote from: Ron Hill on December 31, 2007, 05:51:48 PM
Guys : Knowing the engine block is only half of the puzzle!! 
Kubota parts people tend to reference the engine by the tractor it is installed in, rather than the engine number. 
The M25XP is used in the B7200 tractor. The M25 engine is used in the B7100 tractor.   :clap
In my experience finding a Kubota equivalent coolant pump last winter, it appeared that Kubota's distributor network has at least two different types of dealers. Their tractor dealers will insist on a tractor number, and in my experience they required the serial number of the tractor. Obviously I did not have that, so they refused to help me. Their engine dealers will go by a block number, but in general they much prefer to have an engine serial number, since mid-run design changes can affect which parts work. The M35B did have a mid-run design change which has a huge impact on the coolant pump design (and other parts), and you can see these part changes in the Universal parts manual. I did not have the engine serial number (it was hidden behind a bunch of hoses and wires that I didn't want to remove), but the dealer was willing to go through a bunch of Kubota parts manuals to verify which of the two water pump designs I needed.

2001 MkII Breakin' Away, #1535, TR/WK, M35BC, Mantus 35# (at Rock Hall Landing Marina)

Ron Hill

GUYS : For those that have upgraded to the M25XPB
Kubota block - D1005 ES01 
Used in the F2400 and F2560 tractors

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788