andre

L'Apache hull#1377  1997 Quebec Canada universal 35bc

andre

andre

Arch and solar panel adjustable angle

ChrisOB

Achilles HB-315LX with Yamaha 15 on Garhauer 1.25"  diameter extra tall davits.  Love it.  I sail with the engine still on the dink.
1986 MK1 Tall rig/Fin Keel #247

britinusa

Quote from: andre on April 17, 2020, 03:23:31 PM

Now that is an ARCH! Love it. *****
Integrated pushpit gets a bonus point.

and your dodger and bimini look great too.

Very nice!
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Anil Tewari

Quote from: Mas Tequila on February 13, 2020, 05:25:11 AM
We went with an Atlantic tower with built-in davits and absolutely love it. Holds the dinghy very securely and high out of the water and is very easy to raise and lower using Garhauer blocks. It supports our solar as well and is rock solid. We are considering another boat and this would be the very first thing we add to it.

Nice set up! I am considering going with an Atlantic Tower as well on our 2001 C34 MkII. Any special spec/option you'd advise needed for this? Thanks!
2001 Catalina 34 Mk II
Hull# 1573
Universal M35B; Furling Main; Wing Keel
Miami, Florida

skyward

Does anyone have pictures or video or other details on how to raise the dink on the deck? 9'1" aluminum bottom RIB with 9.9hp Yamaha. I'm worried the engine is a bit heavy for the stern rail.
Jeff Lukowski
1996 Catalina 34 MkII
Tall Mast, Wing Keel, 35# Mantus M-1, M35 Universal
"Skyward", Hull #1307

Dave Spencer

Sky,
I don't have a video or pictures in action but I described how I hoist my dinghy on deck in Reply 20 of this discussion. But, do I understand you are thinking of stowing the dinghy on deck with the engine still attached?  I don't think that would work. The dinghy would have to be lifted level and sit upright on deck in chocks you would have to build that would be quite high. I agree that a 9.9 4 stroke engine seems heavy for the rail. I have a 4hp Yamaha that I lift by hand onto the rail but it is far lighter than a 9.9. I'm certain others have done it though. I have friends who stole heavy 4 stroke engines on their rail on a Beneteau and a CS.  Use the search bar and see what you can find. Or start a new post asking about heavy outboard stowage options.
Welcome to the forum. You'll find almost everything you need here.
Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

britinusa

It's a Mercury 8' our Outboard is a Mercury 4hp - love it.

:)
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

JeffG

Quote from: andre on April 17, 2020, 03:23:31 PM

Hi Andre,

Do you have any pictures of how the arch looks from the transom, or where the attachment points on the boat are?
Jeff G.
2006 Catalina 34 MK II, Hull 1741
Universal M-35B
RHYC, Hamilton, Ontario

Noah

I saw this pic on the Internet and just had to share. A few words came to mind; "windage, weight, way complicated" :abd:
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

LogoFreak

Wow! He must be getting free crack!
Antoni - Vancouver BC
1992 Catalina 34 Tall rig fin keel mk 1.5 "Polonaise"
Hull number 1179

Noah

It also looks like that that crazy davit system require them to abandon the standard dual split backstays and install a single backstay off center? Weird!
Standard Rig

waughoo

Noah... I believe that is a c42 mk1 that came standard with a single offset backstay.  All that aside, I am not a fan of that design.  Seems WAY overbuilt and over featured.  I will say that it appears that the design maintains the ability to use the walk-through transom with the dinghy aloft.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Noah

Ah ha. Wasn't sure what model that boat was. A big faux pas by me, as the C42 was designed by Nelson/Marek Yacht Design from San Diego—and Bruce Nelson is a member of my yacht club—oops! Still an odd davit solution IMO.
Standard Rig