Motor Davit

Previous topic - Next topic

lgaydos

Has anyone mounted a Garhauer lifting davit for an outboard motor to the stern of a Catalina 34 MkII (2000 model)? We have a 4hp 4-stroke Mercury outboard that we block-mount to the starboard stern pulpit rail (between the swim ladder and flag holder). We are trying to determine the best place to mount the hardware for the removable lifting davit. The port step on the swim platform seems to make the most sense - it provides a flat surface to secure the 'mounting ball' and seems close enough to secure the lifting davit's 'stainless tube' to the stern rail. Does anyone have any experience with this type of equipment or any other suggestions to offer? We plan to store the lifting davit in the locker when not in use. THANKS....linda

Stu Jackson

Garhauer Hoist

Linda,

Of course we have.

See:

http://c34.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=329609511&f=829605811&m=805603911&r=315603911#315603911

Once you get into it, you'll learn more about the search (Find) features of this site.  There are two separate ones, one for this mb and the other for the main site.  I used "Garhauer" to find this link.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

sail4dale

I put one on  my boat severalmonths ago.  I decided to put it on the starboard side just aft of the propane locker.  Since it was too far to reacht the motor mount on the stern, I relocated the motor mount to the starboard rail and carry it on the side.