Who got the best “boat related” Christmas present?

Previous topic - Next topic

lazybone

I've been nursing a crappy hit and miss dinghy outboard for a few years...  My son bought me a new 5hp Honda. 
He's taken some of the adventure out of making it to shore.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Ron Hill

Ciao : The BEST present? - wouldn't touch that one with a 10ft pole!!

It's not going ashore with an "iffy" dink engine; the real problem is getting back in the late darkness!!!!!

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

Noah

I got myself a new left hip this month so I can continue sailing through the next couple of decades. While I was replacing "parts", I also ordered a spare head pump assembly and spare Surflo fresh water pump. Had my wife Christmas wrap them for me and put them under the tree, much to her chagrin. :santa
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Jim Hardesty

Ordered today Luci String Lights.  They have a B.O.G.O. going.  For those who aren't familiar with Luci lights, they are not great, not some useless gadget.  I've been using one of the original it gives off plenty of light to play cards by, will last the whole night.  Mine's 3 years old and works like new.   

https://mpowerd.com/collections/our-lineup

Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

scgunner

I'm surprised a guy with the moniker "Lazybones" would suffer an iffy outboard. I'm with Ron on this one, it's not about getting there, it's about getting home. If it won't start from cold after one or two pulls it's time for a change.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

Roland Gendreau

I have a 1998 Evinrude 2 stroke 4 hp that is sweet,  lightweight and reliable.  I maintain her well as I don't want to have to go to a heavier 4 stroke.  However, the years have not been good to her appearance..so I spend some time repainting her.   Motor decals were available on line.   
Roland Gendreau
1992 MK 1.5
Gratitude #1183
Bristol, RI

Ron Hill

Guys : I believe that Roland did a great job.  However, I have a suggestion :
Paint the lower unit white.  That way it doesn't tend to heat up when the sun shines on it.  Even 90W oil tends to expand when it gets hot and then puts unneeded pressure on the seals!!

A thought  :clap
Ron, Apache #788

mark_53

Quote from: Ron Hill on December 28, 2019, 02:46:58 PM
Ciao : The BEST present? - wouldn't touch that one with a 10ft pole!!
To bad Christmas comes only once a year.  :shock:

Roc

Hey Noah,
Hope the healing and PT with the new hip goes well.  Happy New Year to all  :thumb:
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Noah

Thx Roc. I am doing well. 2-1/2 weeks since surgery and this weekend I made down the boat ladder Ok! Maybe sailing in a couple more weeks. Happy New Year all!
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig