Yellow Fuse Holder in POSI FLO Fuel Pump

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

In this thread https://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,2515.msg13337.html#msg13337 there is a picture of this pump.  It shows a yellow fuse holder.  It's labeled FUSE.

I have not be able to get the yellow holder open.  I have avoided heavy effort to open it to not break it.  I have asked a few friends and no one knew.

Has anyone had experience with one of these?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Noah

It is just a simple inline fuse holder with a two-part rubber boot. Pry it open and if it breaks, get a replacement one at West Marine or auto parts store. I bought one 4 years (?) ago when I installed my glow plug solenoid and engine wire harness.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

KWKloeber

Stu
As fuse holders go, those with glass fuses leave much to be desired.
I'd crimp on an ATC or ATM holder that has a weather cap. Amazon has them with tinned wire/contacts or I believe West carries ancor ones (but may be w/o the cover.)
You can have it by Wednesday.   

I have 50 or so of them - I'd gladly send one but it would take a year and a day to arrive.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Noah

1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Stu Jackson

Thanks, Noah.  Mine looks like that, but doesn't have the connector between the two halves, and mine appears more of a hard plastic than the WM picture, which would seem to need to be somewhat "squishy" to make the seal and the tow parts come & go.

I haven't yet hooked it up to a 12V power source to see if there's anything inside the danged egg yolk!  Maybe it's something like "Yeah, when you are ready to use this pump, get a fuse holder that looks like this, but one that works!"  'Cuz if I install it and the fuse (?) blows and I can't get into it...doh!

Who knows...

And I also thought about Ken's idea, too.  But he & I have had this discussion before: everything on my boat is glass fuses (yeah, the boat is that old!!!) so it would make little sense to start with different fuses now.

Thanks again.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."