Find a link - Transmission and Damper Plate

Previous topic - Next topic

andre

Hi I'm loocking to find a little video or photos about to remove my transmission and my damper plate on my c34 mk11 1997 motor m35bc with hurth hbw 100. Thank you.
L'Apache hull#1377  1997 Quebec Canada universal 35bc

Roc

Hi Andre
I remember in a Tech Notes Mainsheet article  several years back, there was someone that did a damper plate change on a C36.  I remember is was very well written with each step along the way with pictures.  You might want to do a search.
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

andre

Ken Krawford

Andre, there's also a pretty good write up with pictures on the
C350 web site - http://www.catalina350.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=685
Ken Krawford
C350 Hull 351  2005 Universal M35B

Dave Spencer

Ken,
Thanks for posting this excellent write up.  :clap
Stu,
Could this be linked in the Tech Wiki under "Transmission"?
Andre,
Good luck with your job. Maybe you could take some pictures and post your comments if you find anything different from the C350 procedure.
Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Dave Spencer on October 31, 2019, 06:31:56 AM

Stu,
Could this be linked in the Tech Wiki under "Transmission"?

Dave,

Good idea.  Done, Halloween Day 2019!!!  I modified the title of this thread, too, to show what it covered. 
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

andre

Hello guys I made the job this week end but I don't have picture I forgot my phone at my house. First we don't need to play with the motor to remove the transmission on my boat but after reflection I have decided to remove the heat exchanger and in the same time changing all my hose because after 22 years there was some crack on the surface. after 6 bolts with socket 17 mn and a piece of wood and a hammer to slack the transmission. Very easy and now I have removed the damper plate and I try on the shaft of the transmission and now i'm very sure that the noise comes from the wear of the plate. So I have a question about the heat exchanger How to know if I need to change or if it is good for another couple of years. I think there no leak for now but I come back to the Bahamas and I want to be sure of my system. Some guys say me to change and the others no. Excuse my fault I'm learning my English. When I will reinstall my damper and transmission I will take photos. Thank you.