Crazing and spider cracking.

Previous topic - Next topic

SV Sand Pebble

On another thread we moved onto the subject of crazing a d spider cracking. I was hoping by copying and posting a reply to Jim here I could coax out a reply from other members here., I sure could use the advice from actual C34 owners.

Re: Rear Pulpit seats.
« Reply #8 on: Today at 06:25:34 AM »

Hi Jim
  Thanks for pointing out Magicezy, I also seen this product. I searched for some reviews and they were very mixed with the old timers expressing  that nothing can replace the hard work and rewards of grindging out and filling the old fashioned way. I was hoping for a quicker effective method that would protect my boat while I allowed other cracks to show themselves. This way if quite a few showed up in the year ahead I could paint the deck and even the upper hull one time and not regret jumping on the job to quickly.  As I said in another reply my boat although very nice sat for a good few years, I think maybe my enthusiasm for sailing, me being a newbie and all has had this boat out way more often than it has for many years. I just replaced my standing and running rigging and hope to replace my sails in the next 4 months. Jim, I think I will copy and paste my reply to you and start a new thread about crazing and spider cracks, I sure would like as much input as possible
SV Sand Pebble C34 Mark 1 hull #418 engine 25XP

Jim Hardesty

This coming spring I'm thinking about trying this on some of my spider cracks.  I've read some good reports.  Looks easy and quick enough that if it needs to be repeated still would be worth doing.

https://magicezy.com/hairline-fix-magicezy/

Check the how to video
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

KWKloeber

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Roc

Interesting product....  wonder how you would know if the crack is more than 6mm deep..
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

SV Sand Pebble

Thanks again Jim and kk for pointing out these products. I think I will look into it a little more and then try it on a almost out of sight spider crack. When and if I do I will return and give a review of my results.
SV Sand Pebble C34 Mark 1 hull #418 engine 25XP

lazybone

I initially thought that something like this could never work but it says "magic" in the product description, so I'm sold.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677