Annapolis Sailboat Show this weekend

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Shreeves

The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

Phil Spicer

Saw the new 545 today. It's a lot of boat.
  Of all I looked at today I still like our 34. If I was to replace our 34 it would be a 355
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

kh3412

Phil you here? Great day here and yes that's alot of boat.
1987 mk1 a work in progress #618

ewengstrom

I'll be there on Sunday and Monday. The only reason I'll go on Monday is to see the end of the show, I've heard it's a blast to watch the breakup when they sound the gun to officially end the show.
Ohana will be at the "Under the Guns" annual race out of Dahlgren, Va. on Saturday, I don't usually race boats I've owned since I'm more of a cruiser than racer, but we'll have three to four C34's of the same vintage and configuration on hand so it promises to be a fun event.
I do plan to peruse the Catalina offerings at the show though, I've always enjoyed those boats when I go.
Eric Wengstrom
s/v Ohana
Colonial Beach, Virginia
1988 Catalina 34 MKI TR/WK
Hull #564
Universal M25XP
Rocna 15

anaisdog

I'm here!  meet up at the catalina party tomorow night?
Hull #99, c34, 1986, Detroit Yacht Club

glennd3

Went today and the show was packed. The new Catalina 545 was impressive,525K base, 720k as shown. Just a little out of my range! We had a high high tide and water was over flowing into the streets. I bought new sails from Ullman who matched the pricing specials listed in Catalina Direct which after pricing other sail makers is a good deal, considering what CD listed. Ullman came to my boat and measured back in August, the sails will be made in Cleveland. Three other makers I talked to have their sails made in Shrilanka. The sale price from CD beat all the prices quoted from the sail makers I visited at the show. I did not just go for the cheapest price but that was the way it worked out.
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

glennd3

Show is dealing with high tides, Basically flooded.
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Ron Hill

Guys : The area down by "City Dock" has been flooding at hi tide for the past 30? years.  Just so happened that there was a Hi tide at a "Hunters Moon" during the boat show!!

A thought    :cry4`
Ron, Apache #788