Seeking 34 MKII for sale

Previous topic - Next topic

dogwatch

We lost our 2003 to Hurricane Michael.  I am trying to find any 34 MKIIs for sale (STD Rig, Wing Keel).  I am following some on Yachtworld.  If anyone knows of any for sale, other sources for listings,  or are considering selling, please contact me.  I am in North Florida. Thank you!

glennd3

Any interest on telling us how it happened?

Glenn
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

dogwatch

We had a CAT 5 hurricane with sustained winds of 160mph.  Not many boats here survived.  We were in  a very protected bayou, but only 3 boats survived out of 18 slips.  The entire dock structure was ripped apart.  Our boat was stacked with about 5 boats against the shore.  All of my dock lines were still in place on the boat.  She was totaled due to large hull/deck separation - Boat US was great.

A lot of people don't know how bad it was, and still is here.  It was one year ago yesterday and there are still people living in tents here.  By pressure I think it was the third strongest in recorded history at the time behind Camile and the 1935 storm in the keys.  Mexico Beach is a lot worse because they were on the other side of the eye and a 14' surge as well.  My neighborhood rode the entire west wall of the eye for about 4 hours - scary stuff.  For a datapoint, our rig was still up with one lower pulled out at the swage.  The island packet 35 next to me had the mast shear off at the spreaders.  Of course we were all bouncing off of each other, so no telling what all happened.  Also, I wouldn't read anything into the hull deck separation.  We were probably hit by the island packet 35 or the Catalina 42 next to us in the pile.

Of course the folks in the Bahamas had it much worse.

dogwatch

To see what happened here in a not as protected area - this is/was our city marina

glennd3

Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Westcoaster

I own a Catalina 34, 1997 with 1700 hours...  all in good shape.  Its in San Diego.  I bought the boat in 2002 and have enjoyed it very much. Let me know if you want more info.

I'm open to a offer on her.

John

dogwatch