Raymarine EV 100 install time

Previous topic - Next topic

senorquill

My SIMRAD autopilot just crapped the bed so I looking at getting a Raymarine EV 100.  Has anybody installed this?  If so how long did it take? 

Thanks,

Ryan
MQ

Noah

What Simrad autopilot do you have?
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Jim Hardesty

To give an informed answer need to know your boat model.  I have a MKll and replaced an old raymarine autopilot with the EV 100.  Spent a winter thinking and planning, maybe 6 easy hours doing, afternoon testing, couple of days ordering another cable to tie into wind instruments, an hour to install that.  There are a lot of installs on this site and in Mainsheet articles.  Worth the search.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

britinusa

Jim, is that the "RayMarine EV-100 Wheel Evolution Autopilot"

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Jim Hardesty

Quoteis that the "RayMarine EV-100 Wheel Evolution Autopilot"

Yes, Shown is every thing not in the cockpit.  I think the installation instructions are on line.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

mark_53

Quote from: senorquill on August 18, 2019, 05:39:27 PM
My SIMRAD autopilot just crapped the bed so I looking at getting a Raymarine EV 100.  Has anybody installed this?  If so how long did it take? 

Thanks,

Ryan
I did.   Took about 3 weeks of working an hour or two every few days but I also installed an isolated dedicated start battery as recommended.  I started from scratch so yours should go faster if you have an existing system to replace.