Who can supply a stern pulpit?

Previous topic - Next topic

Allatsea

Hi all,
I have a 2005 C34 MKII and need a replacement port side stern pulpit.

Being in Australia, locating a supplier in the US has been a little confusing.
I've had vastly different quotes (differing by a factor of 2 to 3 times - excluding freight) from CatalinaDirect and CatalinaYachts.
Perhaps someone can shed some light on reasons for the difference, or maybe even suggest another supplier?

best regards,
Allan

steveg

Allatsea,  The original supplier of stern rails to Catalina is a company called Railmakers, it is located in Los Angeles. I had them make new stern rails a few years ago that were modified special for me. They fit perfectly into the original mount locations. The gentleman I contacted was Dave Hawley and his number is 949-642-6506. I believe that they are still in business as far as I know.

My boat is a 2001 C34mkii.

steveg

Allatsea

Thanks steveg - much appreciated.
regards,
Allan

Ed Shankle

Not sure about stern rails, but when my bow rails got smoked in hurricane Sandy, I ordered from CD. Even the rail foot holes were perfectly aligned! Shocked at that!
Regards,
Ed
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA

Hugh17

Quote from: steveg on August 03, 2019, 12:50:04 PM
Allatsea,  The original supplier of stern rails to Catalina is a company called Railmakers, it is located in Los Angeles. I had them make new stern rails a few years ago that were modified special for me. They fit perfectly into the original mount locations. The gentleman I contacted was Dave Hawley and his number is 949-642-6506. I believe that they are still in business as far as I know.

My boat is a 2001 C34mkii.

steveg

Steve,

That is great info. I've saved the contact info and found Railmakers web site. Here's the link for anyone interested.

https://www.railmakers.com/yachts/catalina-yachts/catalina/catalina34-36.htm
James H. Newsome
s/v CaiLeigh Anna
Catalina 34 MKI Hull #299
Universal M25