Replacing old Adler barbour

Previous topic - Next topic

kerk fisher

I've been reading through the old threads but want to make sure of one thing. If I assess that I need a new system and want to keep the existing fridge/freezer box (so as not to dismantle the counter top)  is my only choice the Dometic cu-100 and vd150, etc. thanks, kerk
Kerk Fisher
C34, Into the Mystic II
Hull #1102, 1990
Sailing the North Channel, Lake Huron
908 Wicksbury Place, Louisville, KY 40207
Louisville, KY 40205
502-454-7759
Alternate email: kerksailmystic@gmail.com

Ken Juul

Seafrost will make you a unit to fit. Extremely helpful staff.  They ask questions, you supply answers and you get a unit that works.  The freezed box will freeze meat over night.  Could not be happier.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

mdidomenico

just out of curiosity and i'm not expert.  but why would you need to dismantle the counter top to get the evaporator coil out of the fridge area?  you're boat is a little newer then mine, but mine was just bolted in from the side and it popped out without having to remove anything but the gas lines that go back to the condensor.
1989 Cat34 #856, original m-25xp

kerk fisher

I'll look into seafront and an easier way to extricate the fridge/freezer box. Although ideally I'd like to keep the box. Is that possible??  I've bypassed the thermostat and fan still cycles on off on off quickly with a beep in between. What does that mean?  And no action from the condenser. Still exploring.
Kerk Fisher
C34, Into the Mystic II
Hull #1102, 1990
Sailing the North Channel, Lake Huron
908 Wicksbury Place, Louisville, KY 40207
Louisville, KY 40205
502-454-7759
Alternate email: kerksailmystic@gmail.com

captran

about 8 years ago our Adler Barbor stopped working while out for the summer.  Nearest company to us was in Bellingham Wa.  Guy came out and checked a few things and said it was just the thermostat and offered to fix it for cheap.  But he had one of their units with him, about half the size of the AB unit.  We decided to replace it then with the Sea Freeze unit.  We didn't have to replace the condenser.  But Bellingham is a long way from you, but thought I'd send you the link.  http://www.seafreezeinc.com/
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa