Free tall rig main sail

Previous topic - Next topic

WTunnessen

Giving away a tall rig main from my 1988 C34 since I have limited storage on and off the boat - so can't keep it as a spare.

FULL DISCLOSURE: The sail is well used and Bacon's Sails in Annapolis would not consign / resell it.  It's at least 12 years old.  Could be used a spare.

If you're in the greater Washington DC/Baltimore/Annapolis MD area and want to see it, let me know.

If you're willing to pay for shipping, I'll send it to you.

- Walt Tunnessen
Gaulois #579 C34 Tall Rig - CYC West River, MD

mdidomenico

i might be willing to come get it.  does it have any tears?  the one that came with my boat has a bunch of tears/stains in it from birds.  (the PO never removed it when it was put up on dry storage for 5yrs)
1989 Cat34 #856, original m-25xp

britinusa

I'm getting ready to cut up our old main and jib and use the material to make sun shades. 3, Boom port side, Boom Stbd side and Foredeck that way we can leave the sail cover and lazy jacks in place.

Plan is to make attachments to the top of the sail cover (Doyle Cradle Cover). By making it in three pieces it should be easy to stow and manage.

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

WTunnessen

mdidomenico -  The sail does not have any tears.   There are few light stains.  The sail was professionally cleaned in the winter of 2018 and prior years before that on a fairly regular basis.

WTunnessen

Please note - the sail has now be given away.