Anchor light bulb

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank Busey

Can anyone help me with the correct replacement bulb for the circa 1989 masthead anchor light (couldn't find a reference in the tech notes or FAQ's)  Thanks.   Hank Busey - Bitterroot #989

Stu Jackson

My recollection is that they are a Perko brand fitting.  Looking through the recent West Marine and Boat US catalogs shows no replacement fixture (or bulb) still available.  The 1995 West Marine catalog has a Perko all around surface mount horizontal, Perko's model #200SWBDP1, with replacement lamps of varying candlepower, Perko # 70DP0CLR (8 CP), 70DP1CLR (12 CP) AND 71DPCLR (8 CP) also with varying amperages (.74 to .97 to .80), $5.25 each (1995 prices).
Boat US has a similar fitting in their 2001 catalog, page 526, Whitecap 360 degree masthead light with a 6 CP bulb.  Don't know if this bulb will fit your fixture.
I am considering the replacement of my anchor light since the bulb is going to go south someday.  Seems to me that if you're up there already, it would be much more worthwhile to purchase and install the new Davis Mega Light anchor light.  It draws a mere 0.074 amps.  You can leave it on all day, if you forget, and never have a problem, whereas if you leave your old lamp on at 1 amp all day, that's a chunk of amps.  A 100:1 return on investment in power draw is a good deal.
You may also want to check out Perko's website to see if they have the replacement bulb.  Also call Catalina factory parts and confirm the equipment.
Good luck,

Stu  #224  Aquavite  1986
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Hank Busey

Stu, good thoughts.  The Davis sounds like a winner.  Thanks much. :)

skip

Just replaced mine with Whitecap and it fits on my 89 STD rig.
Skip