Link 10 Voltage Reading Mystery

Previous topic - Next topic

karista

My Link 10 has worked great for many years, now all of the sudden the voltage reading is way off, it reads 20VDC for my batteries, yet the battery voltage is 12.6 VDC according to my DVM.
I reset the Link and it then it also showed 12.6 but then within an hour it had gone back up to about 18-20VDC. Now I totally disconnected the link and started all over, but again it moved the Voltage reading back up to about 20 VDC. Is it toast?? Any ideas?
Bernd, 1990- Hull 1012, Gulfport, FL

britinusa

I'm assuming (risky) that the Link 10 has a connection at or near the batteries - did you remove (and clean) them?

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

mainesail

Quote from: karista on May 28, 2019, 05:36:48 PM
My Link 10 has worked great for many years, now all of the sudden the voltage reading is way off, it reads 20VDC for my batteries, yet the battery voltage is 12.6 VDC according to my DVM.
I reset the Link and it then it also showed 12.6 but then within an hour it had gone back up to about 18-20VDC. Now I totally disconnected the link and started all over, but again it moved the Voltage reading back up to about 20 VDC. Is it toast?? Any ideas?

Not entirely unusual for the age of the Link 10. They do and can begin to drift over time and need replacement..
-Maine Sail
Casco Bay, ME
Boat - CS-36T

https://marinehowto.com/

WTunnessen

Check the fuses. My battery monitor was also showing high voltage and the problem was with a fuse.
Gaulois #579 C34 Tall Rig - CYC West River, MD