injector westerbeck 30

Previous topic - Next topic

lucky

trying to find westerbeck30injector #37091 new is 500 dollars looking for rebuilt or after market
Lucky hull#13
34 Catalina
lake Texoma tx
thanks Al

KWKloeber

I'm not sure the base of the W30. I would email Mainesail aka RC aka Rod Collins who I think had one in his Canadian Sailcraft.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

mainesail

Quote from: lucky on May 29, 2019, 03:49:06 PM

trying to find westerbeck30injector #37091 new is 500 dollars looking for rebuilt or after market
Lucky hull#13
34 Catalina
lake Texoma tx
thanks Al

Pop one out and bring it to a local diesel injector rebuilder and let them quote you. A good one can disassemble, clean, replace the nozzle and pressure/pop test it for a fraction of the price. I use a local rebuilder here in Maine and over the winter did the injectors on my wife's antique Mercedes for less than $175.00 for all four. The new crush washers needed to come from Mercedes but other than those it is very reasonable to have injectors rebuilt. Your W30 is a Perkins 4-91 or British-Leyland base block that Westerbeke made some tweaks to.

Why do you think you have an injector issue? When was the last time the valves were adjusted? No air leaks in the fuel system..?
-Maine Sail
Casco Bay, ME
Boat - CS-36T

https://marinehowto.com/

lucky

Blue haze smoke out exhaust.no difference when when fuel line is opened on #1 opening 2@3 will let engine die only running on two cylinders
lucky hull#13
Lake Texoma,Tx
Thanks for the help
Al