Boating Safety Newsletter 92 / Meeting and Overtaking

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

All:

I have an acquaintance who is Vessel Safety Examiner and publishes a periodic safety newsletter.  I find Bob's articles are to-the-point and useful, not fluff.

-ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

KWKloeber

Boating Safety Newsletter 93 / Responsibilities Between Vessels
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

Bill Shreeves

Quote from: KWKloeber on May 07, 2019, 10:20:19 PM
All:

I have an acquaintance who is Vessel Safety Examiner and publishes a periodic safety newsletter.  I find Bob's articles are to-the-point and useful, not fuff.

I'm wondering if anyone would like to see these on a regular basis?  I'm thinking if so, maybe a sticky topic  ("no reply") to easily keep a running tally of all the newsletters and each topic (not that I am looking for make-work.)

Please read the attached and then what say you collectively?
     Interested?
     Too much info?
     More PITA emails and crap you don't care to deal with?

-ken

Ken,
I'd like them shared in a sticky topic.  There's countless places to get this info however, for those of us that don't have all the rules committed to memory or practice reviewing them maybe as often as we should, this would be a convenient way to do so.   I give a big  :thumb:
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

Stu Jackson

Why not just post one link and then anybody who is interested can read it/them.

The purpose of this forum is to share info on the Catalina 34, not general boating material.  I'm sure there are enough boating safety websites that folks know about or can find on their own.

TMI is my thought.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Stu Jackson

Quote from: KWKloeber on May 09, 2019, 11:46:05 AM
A link to where do you mean?
I receive the articles as word and create a pdf.

Ken,

Thx for your understanding, it doesn't have to be a locked sticky.  Just "keep" your existing post/thread, maybe edit out the questionnaire part of it.  Then when you get a new one, just add to that thread and it will pop up again.  Simpler than taking up sticky space which populates the top of the threads page.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Paulus

Ken, I think that Stu's idea of a post/thread has a great deal of merit.  There are many web sites and books dealing with this topic.  Also, our locale marine offers workshops every Spring dealing with boat safety and other issues.  I think this topic should be presented to our C34IA Officers for consideration and let them decide rather than through a collective process. 
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Paulus on May 09, 2019, 06:30:55 PM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I think this topic should be presented to our C34IA Officers for consideration and let them decide rather than through a collective process. 

Paul,

This is a purely unsolicited offer of material that is only "forum" related and has nothing to do with the operation of the C34IA.  The question is simple: Do people want to see this or is there is a simple(r) way of just posting it for anyone who chooses to read it?  It's not an IA issue at all.

I suggested a way Ken that could post it, simply as a forum respondent (both Ken and me and all of the rest of you :D ).

Trust you understand the differences.

Thanks.

Paulus

Stu, Thanks,
I understand the difference Stu.  Who does the "policing" of the forum to make sure that all of the posts are "C34 relevant"?
Just a thought.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Paulus on May 10, 2019, 03:55:07 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>>
Who does the "policing" of the forum to make sure that all of the posts are "C34 relevant"?
Just a thought.

Paul

Essentially no one, been pretty much an "honor system" since it opened almost 20 years ago.  Ken asked for opinions about specific material.  I simply shared mine.

I also didn't feel it is an issue for the officers.  Many of them contribute here and could join this discussion if they chose to do so, not in any "official" capacity.

KWKloeber

britinusa

Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP