Raymarine Evolution EV-100 autopilot settings

Previous topic - Next topic

rmbrown

Bumping this request back up in hopes that some of you guys with functional autopilots will be sailing soon!
Mike Brown
1993 C34 Tall Rig Wing Keel Mk 1.5
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC

rmbrown

For what it's worth to future readers, I got out sailing this weekend and played with the response setting on the autopilot.  It was set on leisure and couldn't hold a course when sailing.  It did pretty good on cruising, but on performance, it was rock solid.  It could sail to a wind angle or a course and a better job than me, at least while I'm talking to friends.  I'm impressed!
Mike Brown
1993 C34 Tall Rig Wing Keel Mk 1.5
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC

Sdsailor

wow, im not totally surprised you didn't get an answer for the settings. i just hooked mine up to Axiom 7 and integrated ST40 depth/speed through a "tunnels worth" of seatalk cables. 

I've been trying to find these same answers. thanks for the "racing" setting tip.

how did you power the system?  after much contemplation, i ended up running "instrument" power back to the cockpit and mounted everything under the cockpit locker, with separate controller power coming from the engine panel (battery selector switch).

the chart plotter would cost an additional $50 to route to the chart table, so for now, i may mount on the wheel pulpit. 

i'm heading to mission bay in a week and catalina island in 3 weeks , i plan to use the auto pilot and refine its settings.  i will post my dialed in settings when i return in May.

Dan
Dukes on Sunday
Hull #503
Tall Rig
Fin Keel

Jim Hardesty

Got on Shamrock the first time this spring and checked the autopilot settings.  Have my response set to cruising and the rest of the set-up as the boat is ie vessel hull "sail" etc.   Works well for me.  I single hand mostly and use the autopilot 90+ % of the time.  When I'm not happy with the course keeping I first reevaluate the sail trim, that generally works.  I do have a rudder position sensor and have the autopilot linked to the wind sensor, use that when appropriate.
The auto-tack feature works but I don't use it often, just do that by hand. 
Hope that helps you.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA