Fleet for So Cal or Catalina Island Sailors?

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck.Philips

My wife and I have been keeping Forever Young--our 2005, C/34 #1725--at the Shoreline Marina in Long Beach, CA for a number of years and wonder if there are other Catalina 34 owners who might want to start a Fleet of our own.  We spend most of the summer at Catalina Island at the 4th of July YC on the West End of the Island and would like to get to know other C34 sailors better who also like Catalina Island.  If you're interested, please reply to this message.

Chuck
Chuck Philips
"Forever Young"
2005 Catalina 34--#1725--Anniversary Edition

Stu Jackson

Chuck,

Hi and welcome.

You can reach Vice Commodore Jon Windt here:  http://c34.org/c34iaofficers/

He is responsible for assisting folks in Fleet Formation, and has a package of handy information that you can use to help you out.  The C34IA will also assist financially for related activities.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

scgunner

Chuck,

I'm also in Long Beach and like to spend as much of the summer as possible in Catalina too. However Top Gun is berthed in Alamitos Bay and our preferred Catalina Island destination is Avalon. It seems like there are two types of Catalina Island sailors; those who like Avalon, and those who prefer the Isthmus. Two different places, both with their own unique charms.

Several years ago there was a small C34 fleet of sorts based around Shoreline and San Pedro mostly. The guy who ran it put out a small newsletter but as I recall he moved up to a C400 and the fleet died. The ironic thing is while there is no fleet in Long Beach(or LA for that matter)there are dozens of C34s in the marinas. On my dock for example I have to walk past four C34s to get to mine and there is yet another one on the other side of me.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

Chuck.Philips

Kevin,

You're right about Avalon and Two Harbors.  In any case, if you ever decide that you want to sail to the West End, let us know.  Our YC in 4th of July Cove is a great place to hangout and have a cocktail at sunset.  Since we don't have any reciprocal privileges with other YC's, we're happy to sign you in as our guests. My wife, Sally, and I are usually at the Island for most of June, August and September.  Just send me a text--559 593-2437.

Chuck
Chuck Philips
"Forever Young"
2005 Catalina 34--#1725--Anniversary Edition

scgunner

Chuck,

Thanks for the invite, I'm looking forward to some warm weather. I have spent time at Two Harbors, we have dived extensively on both sides and use to finish the annual Catalina Fireman's Race there. Also a big fan of Emerald Cove.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

bayates

Chuck,

Although not in LA area we go to Two Harbors during the summer on Hakuna Matata.  We will be there in early August for 10 days finishing up a month long trip up the coast and over to CI (first time).  Hope to see you there. 

Brian
Hakuna Matata
2000 C34 MKII
Brian & Pat Yates
Hakuna Matata
2000 MKII #1517
San Diego, CA