PORTLITE SCREENS

Previous topic - Next topic

Windswell

I ordered new screens for our portlites.  I placed an order for PN LEW19898100 Size 1 screen 5x12 size portlite.

Because of backorders I received 2 shipments. Both shipments referenced the same P/N and the screens from each shipment are the correct size.  However, 2 different styles were sent.  The only difference I noticed in identifing  the screens is each one had a different
Issue #. The first shipment had the B4052 Issue B screens which fitted like a glove on our portlites. The B4052 Issue B has 10 tabs to securely fit in the portlites.

The second shipment had one screen, B5961 Iss B screen. Although I haven't tried fitting this screen on the boat yet.  Just by comparing the B5961 Iss B screen with an old screen it appears to have the same ill fit issues as the old screen.  This design also only has 2 tabs.

I still need to contact Sailnet and resolve the difference in style between the 2 screens that carry the same P/N.  Just wanted to get this info out b-4 someone else runs across the same problem.

I've "attached" copies of the "Fitting Instructions" that came with the screens. The screens are nicely displayed so you can judge for yourself.

Jim Price

:DThanks for the instructions!  I have not been using the screens correctly since I got the boat last year!  Boy , am I stupid  :confused:
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA