C34 MKII 1000 Islands Video/Drone shots

Previous topic - Next topic

Stucker

I usually cut a yearly video of my summer sailing in 1000 Islands Ontario/NY State and fall in Toronto.  Thought I would share in case some members wanted to see what the area is like.  Note, this is a family video so you will have to sit through the odd shot of some of my family members.  I ended up buying a drone at the end of The season which is why there is limited drone footage.  The other boat is my brother's CS34

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YklsncqrO5Q

Scott

Scott Tucker
2003 C34 MK II
Hull #1654
Toronto/1000 Islands

Jon W

Well done. You've got some great memories in that video.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

glennd3

Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Stucker

Quote from: glennd3 on February 01, 2019, 06:10:26 PM
Nice video, any smallmouth bass?

Yes.. small and large. Also a big Muskie fishing area.
Scott Tucker
2003 C34 MK II
Hull #1654
Toronto/1000 Islands

Jim Hardesty

Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Dave Spencer

Very nice.  I love the Optimist Dinghy sailing.  Wow, a C34 and a CS34 in the same family.  The CS was high on our list of boats when we ended up buying our Catalina 34 as we had a CS27 previously.  Well built boats ahead of their time. 
Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

Stucker

Quote from: Dave Spencer on February 03, 2019, 05:35:22 PM
Very nice.  I love the Optimist Dinghy sailing.  Wow, a C34 and a CS34 in the same family.  The CS was high on our list of boats when we ended up buying our Catalina 34 as we had a CS27 previously.  Well built boats ahead of their time.

Yes, the CS34 is a well built boat.  They have a great stand up shower in the head. My MKII feels twice as big in the cockpit and inside though.  And I'm a little faster 😜
Scott Tucker
2003 C34 MK II
Hull #1654
Toronto/1000 Islands

Dale Stone

Hi Scott,
Love the video, saw the whole thing. Nice family and great vacation_sailing area. I have the same boat, furling main and all. I noticed your main outhaul car was more forward than mine. I adjusted mine back to ease the roll out. I think it helped but have only one season on her.

I'm thinking of a drone as well and noticed how you snatched yours. Nice job!

What drone did you get?

Thanks
Dale
Dale Stone 2001 C34 II, Hull #1526, Salem Ma

Stucker

Hey Dale,
My main sail rolls in and out quite nicely so I haven't felt the need to adjust anything.  I'll keep an eye on it though.   I have a Phantom 4 Pro drone.  I only got it at the end of the sailing season so I look forward to flying it a lot more this season.  Keep in mind that you will want to know about updating your home point and turning off collision avoidance if you fly it from a moving boat! 
S

Quote from: Dale Stone on February 27, 2019, 09:34:29 AM
Hi Scott,
Love the video, saw the whole thing. Nice family and great vacation_sailing area. I have the same boat, furling main and all. I noticed your main outhaul car was more forward than mine. I adjusted mine back to ease the roll out. I think it helped but have only one season on her.

I'm thinking of a drone as well and noticed how you snatched yours. Nice job!

What drone did you get?

Thanks
Dale
Scott Tucker
2003 C34 MK II
Hull #1654
Toronto/1000 Islands