M-25XPB Kb cousin engine . interesting

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

XPB owners, here's what your engine looks like (basically) not including the added marineized parts (and deducting the non-marine ones, like the mechanical fuel pump.) 

Note the different valve cover.  Your intake manifold has a knockout plug to accept a Kb part (hose stub-out, shown) to which you can attach your crankcase breather hose rather than dangling it next to the air breather (as Wb did.)

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

Ken : FYI, my XPB already had the crank vented into the intake manifold.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

Quote from: Ron Hill on January 02, 2019, 02:58:32 PM
Ken : FYI, my XPB already had the crank vented into the intake manifold.

A thought

Ron, VERY interesting, I haven't seen any like that (except one that I ordered the Kb stub-out for an owner) -- only seen the ones with the 45-degree cut off hose zip-tied in place.  Ugggggh!

Was yours in that round knockout or attached in a different way (threaded hose barb, etc. ?)

-k
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain