Jib Fairlead Track

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Stone

Hello,
Think I have a stupid question but wanted to verify the fairlead track dimension (both inner and outer) on a 2001 C34II.
My quick measurement is 1.125" wide. I will check it again tonight. Track blocks available are for 1" and 1.250" tracks.

Thanks
Dale
Dale Stone 2001 C34 II, Hull #1526, Salem Ma

steveg

Dale, I have a 2001 Catalina 34 mkii as well and you are correct in that the genoa track is 1.25". I bought  1.25" adjustable track cars from Garhauer. If you have the means, buy them, they are great.

Steve Guhl

Dale Stone

Thanks Steve,
I checked them out, little pricey but very useful.

steveg

Dale,
I have two Low Lead Cars from Garhauer that came with the boat. They are an older version and in good shape. If you would like, I can give you a good deal on them if you are interested.

Steveg

Ron Hill

Dale : I'd stick with the newer genoa cars from Garhauer as they are all Ball Bearing cars with B.B. blocks.  The adjustable car system is super!!   :thumb:

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

Dale Stone

Hi Steve,
Can you txt me a picture? May be good for spares while I decide about the pricey adjustables.
978 609 6380

John Langford

More applause for Garhauer adjustable Genoa track cars. After the foresail furler and the autopilot, the adjustable Genny cars are the very best friend of the solo sailor.
Cheers
John
"Surprise"
Ranger Tug, 29S

Jim Hardesty

Please excuse me this is a little off the thread.  I had a 135 genoa made, works great for me.  However it trims most of the time with the car near the end of the forward end of the track. Wish the clew was higher.  My question is.  Has anyone extended, added to, the track forward?  And added adjusting cars?
Thanks,
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

steveg

Jim,
I had the same thoughts. I measured the area in front of the track and the most you can add is 2' since the stays are in the way plus you need some room to put track blocks on. So I asked Catalina that question when I was at the Annapolis sailboat show this year.

I gave them my thought of replacing the standard 8' track to a standard 10' track since only two additional holes need to be drilled for each track. They said it can be done. You can grind the anti skid down to a smooth surface or just go over the existing pattern. You just need to make sure with the second option that enough chalking is there to seal the holes since there will be a slight gap from rise of the track.

Steveg