2023 PNW Caralina Rendezvous

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

When: April 27-April 30, 2023

Where: Roche Harbor, San Juan Island

Thursday, April 27-

Arrival day. Please hail the harbor master on VHF 78A. Back into your slip if possible as it will be easier to board when the boat hop event happens.
    Please check in at the white tent to get your name tags etc...
    "Appy Hour" potluck. Great way to meet and greet and catch up with everyone. Held at the white tent. Bring something to share! There will be BBQ'S available by the tent and plugs to plug crockpots etc...

Friday, April 28-

Morning- Vessel Safety Checks by the Coast Guard Auxiliary. Please let me know if you are interested so I can give them a rough count.
    Morning- Breakfast potluck hosted by Wendy Mollat- she is seeking helpers
    Afternoon- Tech talk and product demo by Jason from Essential Sailing Industries
    Afternoon- 330pm'ish- The Boat Hop is back! Hosted by David Latimer.Host and be hosted on your boat and others. Super fun. Details to follow
    After the Boat Hop- Wine tasting hosted by Mike Grove
    During the wine tasting- ice cream and brownie social PLUS  music jam session with Dale and Nikki Largent and David Latimer. If you have an instrument and can play it, bring it!

Saturday, April 29-

Morning- Ladies Docking clinic hosted by Sally Jewell- This one fills up quick so please let us know if you are attending- THIS IS FULL
    Morning- tech talks, finalizing topics and speakers
    Early afternoon- more tech talks
    Afternoon- Blind folded dinghy race or themed contest- Barry and Val from Moon and stars are hosting.
    Dinner Potluck- tent decorated by Joyce Grove and her amazing assistants. Bring a dish to share with all. BBQ's around the tent and plugs to plug in crockpots etc..

Sunday, April 30-

Coffee and Roche Harbor Donuts at the tent
    Departure

Notes: If you have a topic or presentation (tech, provisioning, trips) please let me know. Need volunteers.

Please RSVP as soon as you are able and tell a friend.

pacificnw.catalinas@gmail.com

To cover admin and supply costs (name tags, lanyards, decor, plates etc...) we suggest a $ 20.00 donation per boat.

Monday update

Roche Harbor merchants will be giving all rendezvous attendees 20% off!
    Would you be interested in an event T-SHIRT? Cost will be about $ 21.00 or so. If we get enough interest I can place an order. 10 shirt minimum.
    Ken has an idea for a person overboard drill. I jumped in the last time but we are thinking this will be on the dock! Any interest?

Reserve your slip here:

https://dockwa.com/explore/destination/wgcrgq-roche-harbor-resort-marina/inquiries/new?contract_group_id=PP5MTD0W

Please make sure you use the link above to make your reservations!

For anyone that has come in the last year or has a Dockwa account it will take about 30 seconds, if you are starting new it shouldn't take more than 2 minutes. However, if anyone has any trouble you can certainly reach out to the Roche Harbor marina office and they can walk you through it!

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."