companion way door size

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobg

going to the boat to winterize and can't find my winter door so would like to make one to fit in the grooves where the 2 door slats go, have looked on the site and can't find the overall opening size.  would like to make the door before i go to the boat.  thanks all.. 88 catalina 34
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

Noah

To fill the entire campanionway opening trapazoid is: 37 in. across top and 23-1/2 in. across bottom. Measured from inside slide track port to starboard. 24 in. top to bottom along one side angle. 24 in. top to bottom in right angle to treshold in the middle. Good luck.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Ron Hill

Bob : Use Noahs' measurements, but also realize that each Catalina MK1 companionway isn't exactly the same!! 

I's cut a piece of plywood and take a saber saw along - just in case!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Dave Spencer

Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

Bobg

thanks Dave and Ron, I like the one piece board because I can screw my cover/tarp to it and not care really what it looks like, saves my beautiful doors from winter woes, I also wire tie those pipe insulation foam things on my hand rails, been doing this  for 4 winters now and my rails stay pristine during the winter
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands