Nicro solar vent comparison

Previous topic - Next topic

Roc

Does anyone find it advantageous to be able to manually turn the vent off like what is available on the Powervent 3000?  Or is the Day/Night version (much smaller) adequate without the manual shut off switch??  For those that have these vents, what are the pros and cons.  The Powervent might have some bells and whistles that may not really be necessary.  I am comparing both and would like to get some feedback on the options for each.

Thanks for the input.

Roc-
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

reedbr

I had a day/night in the foredeck my Catalina 27.  If you are concerned about noise, it did make a small hum that you could hear when you slept in the V-birth.  However, it wasn't annoying.  It was much less noise than the compressor hum of the refridgeration system when you are sleeping in the aft-cabin of the mkII's.  I could have used two vents though.  Any ventilation is good, but I imagine the 34's would need 2 or 3 to be really effective.

I saw quite a few vents mounted in the hatches, both main and forward, of the 34's at last weekends Fleet 12 rendezvous.  Somebody here should have some better feedback for you.

Brian Reed
1997 C34 mkII "Ambitious"
Solomons, MD
Brian Reed
1997 C34 mkII "Ambitious"
St. Mary's River, MD