Sherwood pump problem

Previous topic - Next topic

andre

I  clean and check my raw water pump but I saw something strange. When I turn the shaft only snap ring turn with and in fact the upper ceramic disc is suppose to turn the other disc to form a good seal against the water. When I check I don't see nothing for blocking the disc with the shaft. The snap ring turn on the flat copper washer and there is friction. Is it normal. I am not able to post the little video. why. Thank you
L'Apache hull#1377  1997 Quebec Canada universal 35bc

Ron Hill

andre : In a Mainsheet Tech note article on the Sherwood pump -  I mentioned that that copper/bronze "snap ring" should be replaced with a stainless one.  That way the stainless won't corrode leaving the one ceramic surface loose against the other ceramic surface. 

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

andre

Ok but why when I turn the shaft the first ceramic disc don't turn . My snap ring is new. There is nothing for blocking the disc on the shaft. The first disc is supposed to turn on the other to form a seal.

Ron Hill

Andre : All I can say is to take the pump off and disassemble it - and then reassemble.

A thought

Ron, Apache #788

andre

Ok thank probably if I can't find the problem I will change for an oberdorfer model

Ron Hill

Andre : You can do that to or send you pump to DEPCO and have them fix it.
Call Terry or John in service 800-445-1656.

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

andre

Thank you it's a good idea. In the same time I will practice my English