M25 cylinder head Kubota part number

Previous topic - Next topic

keith

I may have to replace the cylinder head on my M25 engine. As my boat is in Mexico, I want to ensure I'm bringing the correct cylinder head with me, when I return to Mexico. Has anyone purchased a Kubota cylinder head for a M25 engine and could confirm the part number?
Keith #431
SV: Victoria Dos

Below is an email from Ronne Bowman from Tractor Smart
Keith,

I have not sold a D850 cylinder head to anyone that owns a M-25 marine engine.
Every where I look for a head for a D850 it always shows up as Kubota part number 19267-03040.
I do not have any direct cross over information from Kubota to marine engine use.
All my information comes from trial and error from other marine engine owners.

Thanks,
Ronnie Bowman
Keith & Donna
La Paz, Mexico

Ron Hill

Keith : If your hull # is 431, I'll guess that you have a M25XP engine that has a D950 Kubota engine block.
Look at out web site and you'll find a complete Kubota D950 parts manual in a pdf file.  Make yourself a CD of that manual - that's what I did.  Just remember the information is good for the block only.  Other items like raw water pump, transmission, etc. were added by Universal.
There will NEVER be any reference to a marine version of that D950 engine in any Kubota info!! 
Ron, Apache #788

keith

I should have mentioned that my boat is and C36 with a M25 engine not the M25xp.
Keith & Donna
La Paz, Mexico

Ron Hill

Ronnie : Check with your local Kubota dealer and get a cost.  I believe that the D850 engine was in the B7000 or B7100 tractor.  The dealer may even have a used head?
Good Luck with your earlier than 1987,  C36. 
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Keith, a search on "equivalent" finds this:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,4020.0.html

Try that yourself and find even more info.

Also gleaned form the C30 Website:

"How do I know which Kubota engine I have?
Universal diesels are Kubota tractor engines. You just need to know the Kubota model number that is stamped on the dipstick. The following are Universal Marine/ Kubota tractor diesel designations:
M15/5411 Z-500
M18 Z-600
M25 D-850
M25XP D-950 the engine number off my dipstick is 5377-36412
M3-20 D640
M30 D-1101
Kubota parts online: http://www.tractorsmart.com the 25XP is a "B" series tractor engine.
Gary Coppola, C-30 #5527, Wilson Harbor, NY
"

See some of the other links about equivalents that discuss dipstick markings.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."