Recommendation for a marina on the north shore of Long Island, NY

Previous topic - Next topic

David Discenza

We will be moving to Long Island later this year. The boat will follow next year. I'm looking for a recommendation for a marina on the north shore of LI for our 34' Catalina. We're in a quiet, family-owned marina now and would like to find something similar. We're looking between Northport and Port Jefferson. Thanks to all who reply.
CTYP12441293
"Irish Lady"

csimmerling

are you looking for a slip? They can be hard to find. Others may have better suggestions, but the waiting list for a slip in Port Jefferson (where we are) is many years long. I gave up. We are on a mooring in Port Jeff harbor, there are a couple launch services that take you out for an annual fee. Further west there are marinas in setauket, stony brook, king's park and several around northport. No idea if they have slips available...
good luck and I hope to see you when you get here! We have a few C34s in Port Jeff harbor.
"Natterling", #148 1986 mk 1 fin keel std rig, Port Jefferson, NY

David Discenza

csimmerling

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we will want a slip. That's why we're looking now. I'm becoming resolved to be further west on the Island. Oh well. It's a first-world problem. Are you a member of LICSA?
CTYP12441293
"Irish Lady"

csimmerling

Hi David, I've been a LISCA member for a while, but last year let my membership slip because I got distracted with other things... need to renew this year. I know there is an event coming up in a couple weeks, a meetup in Bayville. Would love to meet you at some point!
Carlos
"Natterling", #148 1986 mk 1 fin keel std rig, Port Jefferson, NY

oldcatsailor

Try further west Glen cove, port washington.yacht clubs make getting to a mooring easy.lisc a meeting west harbor in oyster bay26/27 june.
Sail 1064 Tr wing keel 1990/

David Discenza

Quote from: csimmerling on June 17, 2021, 07:24:44 AM
Hi David, I've been a LISCA member for a while, but last year let my membership slip because I got distracted with other things... need to renew this year. I know there is an event coming up in a couple weeks, a meetup in Bayville. Would love to meet you at some point!
Carlos

Carlos,
I'm planning on becoming a member when I move up there next year. In the meantime, my wife and I are trying to find an apartment to rent in the Huntington - Glen Cove area.

David
CTYP12441293
"Irish Lady"

David Discenza

Quote from: oldcatsailor on June 19, 2021, 08:59:19 AM
Try further west Glen cove, port washington.yacht clubs make getting to a mooring easy.lisc a meeting west harbor in oyster bay26/27 june.

We looked in Port Washington and weren't too impressed. There are two in Glen Cove that are possibilities. I've come to realize that I won't find on Long Island what I'm leaving on the Chesapeake: a family-run marina with a shop that has a great reputation for repairs, a pool, a stable clientele, and a hurricane hole to boot.
CTYP12441293
"Irish Lady"