Alder Barbour Service Needed--Long Beach, CA

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck.Philips

Has anyone had any luck finding a repair person for their fridge?  Our 2005 Alder Barbour seems to run constantly but does not cool down. I'm hopeful it just needs refrigerant; however, I may have gotten to exuberant the last time I defrosted it (September) and may have caused a little leak while knocking off the ice--not sure.  Have searched online to find someone to no avail.  Boat is located in Shoreline Marina, Long Beach, CA and we live in Huntington Beach. Thanks
Chuck Philips
"Forever Young"
2005 Catalina 34--#1725--Anniversary Edition

jmcdonald

Look in the so cal marine directory. Very useful. You can find one at most yacht clubs & almost
any boat broker's offices. Things in it are listed by company name & also by subject.
And they are free. Found a local company to fix my frige a few years ago in it.
As I remember they were in orange co, but I can't remember their name.

Gary Brockman

I have used Alan's Yacht Refrigeration in Marina Del Rey but I am not sure if he goes to Long Beach. Contact information: 310-822-1946 and alan@icesea.com
Squall
1986 Hull #231
Tall Rig/Fin Keel - Elliptical Rudder
M25XPB - Flexofold 2 Blade 15x10
Marina del Rey, California

Chuck.Philips

Thanks for your help.  Found a good marine refrigeration shop in Alamitos Bay. They did a great job.
Chuck Philips
"Forever Young"

Noah

Who did you use? How about throw them a recommendation... Maybe someone else needs AB reefer repairs?  I like to keep a list of good repair folks within my cruising range.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

yonar

Chuck,
I am in Alamitos Bay - Long Beach. Where is the good marine refrigeration shop you found in Alamitos Bay? Please post their address, phone number if available.
Thank You.
Turk Yonar
1989 C34 Hull # 858
Tradewinds
Long Beach, CA

Chuck.Philips

Turk

The company is Long Beach Marine Refrigeration.  They're located right near the haul-out company at Alamitos Bay by the bridge. I would recommend them very highly.  I stopped by one mid-week day to make the appointment after another friend recommended them to me.  Their tech came out two days later and had the refer cooling in less than an hour.  First, he "sniffed" the entire system with his tool for leaks and found both of the shrader valves were leaking so he replaced them.  He then added additional Freon, rechecked for leaks and we were all set. 

Here is their address and phone #:

Long Beach Marine Refrigeration, LLC
6400 E. Marina Drive, Unit 4
Long Beach, CA 90803
562 594-8888
Chuck Philips
"Forever Young"

yonar

Turk Yonar
1989 C34 Hull # 858
Tradewinds