Head Lights

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

Totally off topic but thought I would share.  I was getting ready to shell out some big bucks for new plastic lens for the headlights on one of my cars.  A friend at work turned me on to this kit from 3M.  Comes with everything you need except the drill to spin the disks.  About an hours work to do the four lights.  Cost at Napa, Advance Auto, etc is about $17.

If your lights are getting foggy, I highly recommend this product.  Meguiers also has a kit, could not find it locally, on line it is a bit more expensive.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

pablosgirl

Ken,

Not really off topic, I have used this kit on the fogged clear plastic opening ports ( the three front ones ) with good results.  Sure beats replacing the lenses.

Paul
Paul & Cyndi Shields
1988 hull# 551 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
M25XP

RV61

Ken,
Thanks !!!
How timely!!

As I noticed my lenses on the care and was looking at replacing. I will try this and if it works for me I will have more$$ for boat toys!!!!
Rick
Rick V
Interlude
1986 Hull #237
Lake Erie

Ron Hill

KIN :  I'VE USED THIS PRODUCT AND IT HELPS.
Just remember Shakespere's words , "All that glitters is not gold"!   :D
Ron, Apache #788

Stephen Butler

All of our port lens and the foreward hatch are crazed, i.e., they are all clear and transmit light/vision, but are showing what appears to be stress lines radiating from the dogs.  We have done some research and continue to be told by surveyors and plastics people that this is not a serious problem as the strength of the lens is not reduced by "... that much."  Any thoughts, recommendations, and/or experience would be appreciated.  We lean towards replacement, but if this is unneeded, then we would spend on other more pressing needs.
Steve & Nancy
Wildflecken II
1990, #1023

horsemel

I used this product on my anchor light lense last spring.  I really cleaned it up and made it nice and clear again.  Just follow the instructions.
Mark Mueller
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815