Please Use the Correct Topic Title & Funny Spelling Follies

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Hill

Guys : I believe that we are our own worst enemy when it comes to a topic subject and sticking on that same topic !! 
I wanted to re look at a particular topic, but the search turned up BLANK.  I never know the correct title to look for so I have to guess.  Then was it might be in another title, but the discussion wondered and it was in an unrelated topic ?!?  So :
1. Make your topic title specific
2. Don't wonder off that topic within that discussion
3. If you have an unrelated question - make a new topic, don't ask it in an unrelated topic

Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

A few additional suggestions

--  When I search I use phrases and generally find the material in the text of the messages, rather than the topic subject, which can wander sometimes.  Phrases are the " " marks I keep recommending.  Use the advanced search and use folk's names, too, to narrow the search (Ron's name is 'bookmarked' in my Name dialog box and pops right up when I type r.

--  I insert useful, easy to remember things in posts to find some.  You know me:  1-2-B switch; unintended consequences  :D :D :D

--  I try to use correct and the currect  :D spelling.  Who says spelling doesn't count anymore?  Not the guys who sent that email around a few years ago where every word was misspelled but NO ONE missed any of the meaning. It counts when you're searching!!! 8)  Windlass is a fun example.

--  If I start any new thread, I link 'em to others if it makes sense for content, or for "forward and aft" related threads.

--  If you can't find it, ask, we'll try to help.  But please don't just ask without... :D :D

--  Please, please also recognize that many folks who contribute to this website are NOT trained typists and many can only "hunt-and-peck": their massive amounts of quality input is truly commendable.  It's another reason that links to additional information is really helpful.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Stu Jackson

That's great, Terry, didn't know it existed.  Here's my list:

STUPID HUMAN SPELLING TRICKS

due to my inpatients

stearn & strbrd tank valves.

I would love to here your story

Everybody out their.

Voat JuSt Changed

You will be blown away buy the new sail

Seak them out and enjoy

What through me was it also said to let...

I have an incling that my rig is not tuned quite right.

No one seems to care much about their insurance until the real day of reconning comes.

Thank you for your patients.

Let me say wright off that this is

I just wright the checks
The rite boat will fined you give it some time and you'll know!
Muchas Gracias fellow boaters. I will deffinatly use the info as my damaged battery gave up the goast and blew the cap

has an asymetrical shoot, main and jib.

Summertime in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta system in California. Great lazy daze sailing and a break from the SF bay winds.

Just take a look at what happen in Asia. Review the picture of large boats on shore. Look out for the rodge wave. I would,t even dream of sailing my 25.5 Hunter anymore 30 miles out to Mount Desert rock Maine even on a quite day.

I would be interested to here from anyone

your points are dually noted

Upon completion of that we ran to the stern to unvail the new name...Of course, we then blessed ourselves with the other bottle of Champaign

must have had a memory laps

I would highly recommend that you take a safe boating coarse.

If you tie the boat perpendicular to the stern to the dock it is a stearn line.

discovered recently a leaking problem inside the bote,

YES i know it dosent really make a difference but their still their.
I think I am going to higher the surveyer today

Last if the wind is what is rocking you, find a sheltered area by the evening the rocking usually stops where I live in Jacksonville and the boat stays still innless a gator tries to climb on board. Just kidding.

I had a guessed on board that had just crewed...

I thought there was a problem with the rubber getting swallon...

we use the boat alot and it would be nice to charge the batterys without haveing to pull up the anchor. were on a mooring and
a weighting list for the dock ,so I would like to set the boat up for ac chargeing

May have, but I dought It.

He saved someone not only heart ake.

I get a clear picture of wear I am

Reducing any wait aloft

but i think we have the same since of humor.

but none of us [ me included ] want to stop driving are cars to make a point we are tired of all the sh....t .

He who go's to boat show with wife and a plan to buy
bigger boat leaves with way bigger boat?????

However carbon is a different issue in a gas engine where we have a spark plug to fowl and which might not and probably will not clean itself compleatly so reduces it's efectivness.

Yes, starting the engine when raising is not always good, as it's a huge amount more fun to excellerate away silently from an anchorage

Right below the ball valve where the waste path goes, it makes a 90 degree turn, toilet paper that didnt quite desolve can get stuck.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ken Heyman

re: "However carbon is a different issue in a gas engine where we have a spark plug to fowl and which might not and probably will not clean itself compleatly so reduces it's efectivness"

Actually Stu, this may have been correct spelling and grammar in that the recent commercial jet floating in the Hudson was the result of both engines being "fowled"
Ken Heyman
1988 c34 #535
"Wholesailor"
Chicago, Il