New Cockpit Cushions for $150

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Shaner

I've got just the wrench for the job...cost is 1 sewing machine and one diesel heater...Stu's rum is priceless, I'm sure...
Michael & Alison Shaner

Jon Schneider

The problem with the rusty wrench theory is that you're likely to get tetanus.  Plus, I understand that Stu has his better rum stored in a safe and protected by a vicious, tequila-loving Chihuahua.  The chihuahua doesn't give a damn about rum, but Stu has him convinced that there's tequila in the safe.  I think a safer plan would be to raid Craig Illman's stash in Seattle and bring an offering to Stu so that he'll help you repair whatever you've broken on the way (but keep him away from your wife). 
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

Craig Illman

Jon - Sorry, I don't do the rum, scotch, etc. stuff. We even buy cheap wine (but not the boxed stuff). Also, the Basset Hound may think you're after her dog food.

Craig

Stu Jackson

The rum's dark, Whaler, from Trader Joe's, best bang for the $$.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

waterdog

Hey wait a minute.  Stu already invited me over to do laundry...

And here you guys talked me into breaking his cabinetry with rusty wrenches.    Stu, I won't do it!    We'll drink my rum and use your laundry soap.   Or I'll bring laundry soap and we'll drink your rum....

Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Joe and Carol

That is an excellent idea to split the cockpit cushions.  They can be more readily used in other locations and will store fit better below.  Our old cushions could use a remake and we appreciate all the ideas on this post.  Our bottom hulls have grown accustomed to cushions.  Couldn't see enjoying the cockpit without them.  Thanks.
Joe & Carol Pyles

YatchaSea
1987 Catalina 34 TR
Hull #244

Sailing Stockton Lake, Missouri