Join the C34 Association Today!
[C34 Home] [C34Tech Notes] [C34 Tech Wiki] [Join!]
Please login or register.
Advanced search  


Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - KWKloeber

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Main Message Board / Forum and C34 links screwed up?
« on: September 26, 2019, 02:22:01 PM »
David S -

(maybe others have experienced this?)

1) I now get redirected to the non-secure site - http - when clicking on the forum link on the secure (https) main page. 
Ditto for the Tech Notes link on the main page.
I think you had corrected this once before?
  I hadn't tried every link on the main page, so there might be others that direct to http.

2) Also a few months ago I started NOT getting email notices of every forum posting (the emails seem to come haphazardly) - I have played with the settings but cannot get that function back. I have NO TOPICS clicked as "unfollow"

Any thought how to get this back?

3) The icons for the smileys have disappeared.


Main Message Board / MaineSail or other SmartGauge SG100 guru question
« on: September 23, 2019, 09:08:45 PM »
Are the top and bottom scenarios equivalent? 
i.e., Will the SG100 work correctly in both setups?

Catalina 34s Parts & Pieces For Sale or Wanted / Balmar Smart Gauge SG100
« on: September 08, 2019, 07:12:22 PM »
If anyone is interested in a Balmar Smart Gauge to monitor your bank, PM me (or preferably via the email link
<to the left).

This is the SG100, the simple gauge to install, not the SG200 that does have more bells and whistles and works off installing a shunt (more difficult to install.)

New, in box, never installed -- Make offer!


Main Message Board / Latest Boating Safety Topic
« on: May 18, 2019, 09:54:07 PM »
Safety Newsletters (most recent first)

Coast Guard Smart Phone App

Vessel Meeting and Overtaking Situations

I have an acquaintance who is Vessel Safety Examiner and publishes a periodic safety newsletter.  I find Bob's articles are to-the-point and useful, not fluff.


Just passing this along. Unsure if these can be adapted to yalls, or maybe you know someone who can use them.... From 355 group:

Dear Group,
Has anyone bought or sold an asymmetrical sail and bow sprit recently?
I may have one, sparingly used for sale and I am trying to determine pricing.

Main Message Board / Speaking of refinishing teak woodwork....yowsa
« on: April 12, 2019, 09:41:36 AM »
How about this for brightwork?

A mere $30k.

Main Message Board / Marine batteries 25% off
« on: February 17, 2019, 03:05:49 PM »
Advance auto has a limited time 25% online code that's good for marine starting, etc., batteries

discount code CTP3BX

Main Message Board / Assistance to CG families during shutdown nonsense
« on: January 17, 2019, 11:58:45 AM »
[edit] shorter permalink

See here if you want info on helping out Coasties in need during this Washington idiocy:  :twisted:


Main Message Board / M-25XPB Kb cousin engine . interesting
« on: January 02, 2019, 12:35:07 PM »
XPB owners, here's what your engine looks like (basically) not including the added marineized parts (and deducting the non-marine ones, like the mechanical fuel pump.) 

Note the different valve cover.  Your intake manifold has a knockout plug to accept a Kb part (hose stub-out, shown) to which you can attach your crankcase breather hose rather than dangling it next to the air breather (as Wb did.)

Main Message Board / Whisker pole -ebay
« on: September 29, 2018, 07:21:51 PM »

Main Message Board / mauri pro end of season sale
« on: September 18, 2018, 08:59:51 AM »
A heads up.
Some of the discounts on hardware that i saw looked pretty good.

Subject: Mauri Pro End of Season Savings
From: Mauri Pro Sailing <

See for details:


Hey all yall.... passing along a request from my bro.
Anyone that has charts, chart book, info on the GBIP that they would be willing to share, loan, sell, rent (2019 trip planned) please ping me off list?


I have:

Oil pan and dipstick tube -- Unused.

The pan fits all M-25 and XP/XPA/XPA(C) , but is like the pan on the EARLY M-25s -- it does not have the boss for the oil drain hose banjo. 
It never bothers me because I use a sucker and get 99.9% of the oil out, more than ones with the drain hose mounted mid-pan.
A welder could add the boss. 
Alternately, with your pans accessible, I would add a drain plug on the bottom rear of the pan.  Anyway, YBYC

The Universal cost is $800 for the pair, sell $500 for both.  NEW, never used -- the oil pan ITSELF from Westerbeke is $567.
The dipstick tube is no longer available from any dealer I am told so I'd like to sell together, but if anyone really needs one or the other, I'd consider breaking them up.  I'll throw in new gaskets if you take both.

Gear Cover - perfectly good, used like-new condition

Gear cover (mistakenly called timing cover) for the M-25 and XP/XPA/XPA(C).
These sold for $1,262 but are are no longer available.  Sell $500.


<<-- PM me or preferably email via the link to left or
Ken <at> WeekendRProducts <dot> com

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5