Steve Sayian

Finished the installation last weekend.

Steve Sayian
"Ocean Rose"
1999 Mk II
Wing, Std Rig, Kiwi Prop
#1448, Hingham, Mass

Lance Jones

:clap :thumb:Man that looks great!!!! Did you build the inserts as well? Posting project on Wiki????
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Roc

Steve,
How does the cushion insert lock in the up position and the down position?  I would think the door frame would hinder that.  The original drawer frame you removed was much more narrow than your new cut out.
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Steve Sayian

Roc,

The filler cusion fits perfectly in the 'up' position.

It doesn't work at all in the 'down' position due to the frame being so much lower and sticking out the same amount as the drawer.

We did discuss that during the 'engineering phase' of the project but since we never put the filler in the 'down' position, it wasn't a problem. 
We also looked at trimming the filler to fit in the 'down' position but there would have been about a 2 inch gap where the filler meets the cusion in the 'up' position and that was not acceptable.

You bring up a good point that should be considered if you move the position of the filler.

Steve
Steve Sayian
"Ocean Rose"
1999 Mk II
Wing, Std Rig, Kiwi Prop
#1448, Hingham, Mass

Lance Jones

I modified my "Lower" position with the addition of a piece of teak to support the insert further away from the forward bulkhead. Here is the wiki page on my project. http://www.c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=V-Berth_Insert_Modification_for_Louvered_Doors_above
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622