Stove stuff - Great Wood Work

Previous topic - Next topic

lazybone

Just cause.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

waterdog

Very nice!   Where do you keep the stove top when you use the burners?
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Michael Shaner

And is that a paper towel holder on the aft sliding door?! NICE!! I've been pondering the perfect spot and that very well could be it...plagiarism could be in order...  8)
Michael & Alison Shaner

lazybone

Quote from: waterdog on January 04, 2011, 06:39:40 PM
Very nice!   Where do you keep the stove top when you use the burners?

When you lift up the front, the back slides into and down behind the stove in a track.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Rick Johnson

How about the cabinet under the stove?  Does this mean it no longer gimbals?
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

lazybone

Gimbels fine but not with top stored behind stove.
If were underway and its lumpy outside we have to put the top in the aft cabin but to tell the truth we've never cooked when underway and its real bad out.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Michael Shaner on January 04, 2011, 07:03:41 PM
And is that a paper towel holder on the aft sliding door?! NICE!! I've been pondering the perfect spot and that very well could be it...plagiarism could be in order...  8)

Michael, Our paper towel holder is under the first step in the companionway, put in by the PO, out of sight and very handy.

Aldo, Nice, nice woodworking, great ideas.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ed Shankle

I wonder how many fires will get started due to the paper towel holder over the stove? :D
Sorry, I couldn't resist.....
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA

Phil Spicer

I thought about that too. But if you put the forward door in the inboard track you could put the holder forward over the ice box. It might even soften the thump in the head after you dig to the bottom.
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

lazybone

Quote from: Ed Shankle on January 05, 2011, 12:18:59 PM
I wonder how many fires will get started due to the paper towel holder over the stove? :D

It's a sliding door which means, it slides, over to the other end ... out of harms way when your using the stove.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Ron Hill

I placed the paper towel holder - vertical, high on the aft cabin bulkhead. 

You didn't mention the other VERY important half of making a nice modification - where is it stored when not in use ??    A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Ed Shankle

Aldo,
Your cabinet design is different from mine; my sliders don't go over that far, as I've got a microwave compartment over the reefer. Even if I slid my doors over, I'd still torch the paper towels!
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA

lazybone

Quote from: Ed Shankle on January 06, 2011, 11:29:59 AM
Aldo,
Your cabinet design is different from mine; my sliders don't go over that far, as I've got a microwave compartment over the reefer. Even if I slid my doors over, I'd still torch the paper towels!

Oh, I did not know that.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Michael Shaner

QuoteI wonder how many fires will get started due to the paper towel holder over the stove?

C'mon...you guys need to keep your flaming wok on low heat...  :D

Mr. Jackson, my rubbish container resides where your towel holder is...who has the grooviest trash can locale? Get the cameras out so I can have the galley re-fit done by spring splash...
Michael & Alison Shaner

Joe Kern

Not those of us with the stock MKII location that is for sure.  Great idea having the hole in the counter-top and cutting boad on top.   BAD idea making the trash can barely able to be pulled out to be emptied, especiallt if you use the shelve under the galley sink for anything.
Joe Kern
2005 Catalina 34MKII
Hull # 1717
Merritt Island, Fl