New angled pedestal

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Harvey

Tom,
It's been a few month's, but I will not being using Mike's old pods. They are in good shape  and if you are still interested let me know.
Andrew
Andrew Harvey

John Langford

Mike,
I am assuming that the holes you drilled in the cockpit sole were for the new Edson 1 1/4" pedestal guard tube. I have the older 1" pedestal guard and would be interested in any intelligence on the ID of the holes that you can drill in the sole in order to take maximum advantage of the ID of the SS tube.

Also, one comment in this exchange suggested drilling as big a hole as possible in the pedestal guard tubing at the point where the wires would go into the back of the pod. How big a hole is advisable in 1" tubing to maximize access but not weaken the tube?

Cheers,
John Langford
Cheers
John
"Surprise"
Ranger Tug, 29S

HydroTherapy

Hello,

I have a question regarding adjustment for new clutch handle.  

I am trying to make an adjustment on the engine.  If I remove the transmission cable and extend the part that connects with the cotter pin will that prevent the new handle from hitting the pedestal guard?  

My boat will go into drive, but it still hits the pedestal guard.  

Is this a problem or can I leave it?

David

Mike Smith

Hi Dave -

Sorry I  haven't answered sooner. Here is a link to a thread about the shift adjustment. Read the entire thread. I will answer all your questions.

Mike

Mike Smith

I'm doing some work on Breezer, and need to adjust the shift cable attachment at the transmission.  Prior to hurricane Ivan, I had an article explaining how to do this.  It was on the C36 website, but it is no longer available.  Does anyone happen to have a copy of that article?  The URL is  http://www.catalina36.org/Article_transmission.htm

Mike

Jim Price

Mike I think this is what you are looking for.  If you have any problems opening or viewing, contact me via email  and I will send direct to you.
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

Mike Smith

I contacted the C36IA folks and they sent me the new URL for instructions and diagrams on adjusting the swhift cable attachment at the transmission when installing the new stainless shift levers.  The new lever strikes the pedestal guard before going into forward and requires a slight adjustment at the point of attachment to the transmission to work properly. 

Here it is: http://www.catalina36.org/site2004/Article_transmission.htm

Mike

PS  Jim - thanks - I posted this as soon as they contacted me and I didn't see your post.  It's the same article I was looking for.