Recent posts

Main Message Board / Re: engine room sound insulati...
Last post by Ron Hill - Today at 07:47:01 AM
Pete : Look at Defender I was very pleased with their engine insulation!!   :thumb:

A thought
Main Message Board / engine room sound insulation
Last post by Pete G - Today at 07:10:22 AM
Any recommendations on replacement foam?  As part of my engine room refresh, I removed the originals - the PO ran the engine without a dipstick for a while.  :-\ 

I see some spendy foam panels at West Marine, wondering if there's a Home Depot option.

https://www.westmarine.com/west-marine-acoustical-foam-P006_180_006_004.html?queryID=ed9cfc140bde9815245ec09b9d2b1136&objectID=216866&indexName=production_na01_westmarine_demandware_net__WestMarine__products__en_US
Main Message Board / Re: Oil/temp warning
Last post by KWKloeber - Today at 12:10:50 AM
Quote from: dclintonbaker on Yesterday at 07:13:07 PMTesting the new oil pressure switch..engine stopped, open circuit  from both tabs to engine ground.
    "                    "          engine running, open circuit from both tabs to ground.

The switch is between the two terminals.
Not the terminals to ground. 
Recheck the switch.

Quoteno tachometer reading, no fuel gauge reading and the temperature gauge reads ~ 200 F after engine running for 1 minute.

I presume with the items still disconnected as you described below?
Main Message Board / Re: What's under the stern lad...
Last post by waughoo - Yesterday at 09:40:44 PM
I can second the above on my 1991 mk1.5. I doubt they would have changed that detail from one to the other.
Last post by dclintonbaker - Yesterday at 07:13:07 PM
disconnect the two wires from the oil pressure switch..the alarm continues.
disconnect the temperature switch and the sender from the thermostat housing..alarm continues.
Testing the new oil pressure switch..engine stopped, open circuit  from both tabs to engine ground.
    "                    "          engine running, open circuit from both tabs to ground.

New information..now I have no tachometer reading, no fuel gauge reading and the temperature gauge reads ~ 200 F after engine running for 1 minute.

Main Message Board / Re: New Video from Mainsail
Last post by MarcZ - Yesterday at 12:45:41 PM
Updated, I guess it was reposted and link changed
 Video is about LiFePo4 batteries
Main Message Board / Re: New Video from Mainsail
Last post by Noah - Yesterday at 10:30:12 AM
Mark- this is a "bad link" (not working) please fix or remove. Also what is the subject of the video?
Main Message Board / Re: replacing transducers and ...
Last post by Pete G - Yesterday at 06:59:29 AM
I had both a 2" and a 1 7/8" hole saw, but the smaller one isn't small enough to fit inside the larger.  If the hole was 1 3/4", I think this would have worked.  However, the "drops" from the 2" hole saw are exactly 1 7/8" in diameter.  I cut a couple of donuts from a 2/4 and screwed them onto the mandrel.  This worked perfectly, drilling in reverse. 

Last post by KWKloeber - May 09, 2024, 07:23:24 PM
Quote from: dclintonbaker on May 09, 2024, 05:00:12 PMTo check the switch, remove the 2 wires to the switch, short the female terminals together (for a good connection I suggest a jumper wire w/ 2 male quick connect terminals, rather than taping terminals together.)  If your alarm problems go away, the switch has filed FAILED and replace it -- if not we'll dig deeper.

Should I do this?
@d

That's not the OEM Wb wiring that I have seen when I replaced a "B" harness.  So from afar it might be difficult to tell what you have there or if the PO modified it.
Wb typically installs harnesses before painting the engine so all the wiring is Ice Blue color.  Even if not, the OEM wiring had one terminal crimped with two wires (one being red/white stripe) and the other terminal had one wire.  And those are not Wb terminals or Wb crimps.

Quote from: KWKloeber on May 03, 2024, 01:05:52 PMI went thru the wiring on the forum and checking the voltages at different points with another owner.  If you can't locate that old post with a search I may be able to find it.
Did you look for that?

Quote from: KWKloeber on May 03, 2024, 01:05:52 PMis it the oil switch or the temp switch that is alarming?

did he {mechanc] use the wiring schematic to understand why it is alarming?
I missed it if you previously answered this.

Disconnect the two wires.
See what the alarm does.
Verify whether the oil switch is open or closed (w/ engine off and running) using your ohm or continuity setting on your multimeter.

Report back!

-Ken