iPad Mounts from Maine Sail

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

See Reply #39 from Cruisers Forum

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f13/ipad-case-and-mount-options-161563-3.html

That thread has a spirited discussion of navigational equipment that is a fun read, too, if you start at the first page.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

lazybone

I've been using a laptop with a Bluetooth wireless GPS receiver running Opencpn for chartplotting.
Recently, my eldest son has passed down his iPad which doesn't have a built in GPS but also works well the same Bluetooth GPS receiver.
I would like to fool around with iPad in the cockpit this summer and was wondering what the other folks here preference is for nav software/charts.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Scott Hibbs

I use the app iNavX. Charts are NOAA raster for US.  Outside US, I use NV charts. Lots of discussion on pros/cons of iPad vs. chart plotter. I am a strong advocate for the iPad due to ease of use and portability....for planning, and use on other boats. However, my chart plotter remains available just in case!
Scott Hibbs
"Escape Hatch"
2004 MK II, #1679, M-35B
Northport, MI