Light bulb removal

Previous topic - Next topic

robbjd

Can someone enlighten me on how to remove the bulbs in the headliner fixtures. I assumed they were a rear pin bulb that was easily removed. Can't get them to budge.
S/V Mystic
1997, C34 MKII, STD rig, Fin keel
Universal M35-AC
Hull #1344
Sarnia, ON, Canada

Stephen Sloan

I just removed the old halogen lamps and replaced them with LED's in the fall.
They were in fact, rear pin bulbs with straight pins but some were challenging to get out. I used a couple thin blades barely inserted between the edge of the bulb and the plastic fixture and pried gently. I found that a couple of the housings had corrosion on the receptacle which made pulling them out difficult. I also found a couple housings that needed to be replaced due to melting from the heat from the halogen bulbs. Definitely glad I removed those.
Stephen Sloan
Bay Port, Midland, Ontario
Georgian Wind
2000 C34 Mk 11
Hull #1463

robbjd

Stephen, thanks for your reply. I probably have the same issue of corrosion, and will try to pry them out without breaking them. Frilight, who made these fixtures didn't have much information to offer on their site but they do make some similar upgraded replacements. You may have known our boat as we bought it last July in Penetang. One of her previous owners had posted a picture of Mystic on the gallery page of this site.
S/V Mystic
1997, C34 MKII, STD rig, Fin keel
Universal M35-AC
Hull #1344
Sarnia, ON, Canada

mdidomenico

the range hood over my stove in my house has bulbs like that.  it came with a little suction cup thing to pull the bulb out.  i suspect you can get one from lowe's or somewhere.  might work...
1989 Cat34 #856, original m-25xp

Roc

you should be able to pull them straight out.  They are friction fitted.  I also replaced all of mine with LEDs
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD