Channel Islands/Ventura/Santa Barbara

Previous topic - Next topic

sdpinaz

Hey All,
As some of you know I am in the beginnings of looking for a C34 and plan to keep it on the central coast.  I am going to look at several boats over the next couple of weekends and check out their condition.  I would also be very interested in meeting up with any C34 owners along the central coast and if you are so inclined, get a tour of your boat.  It would be great to meet any of you and absorb any of your expertise and knowledge.
Cheers,
Scott

Les Luzar

Scott,
I assume that by central coast you mean Santa Barbara, Ventura, Oxnard area since that is in your title subject. I bought my C-34 in 2006 and at that time I looked at every C-34 that I could find for sales between Santa Barbara and San Diego. I looked at least 15 boats before I found the one that I purchased. I don't know how many are for sales in that geographical area now, but I would assume about the same number. At the time I was focused on the Mark I due to my budget. But if you use the same geographical area you would expand your search to Marina Del Rey, King Harbor, San Pedro, Long Beach, Newport Beach, Dana Point, Oceanside and San Diego. You probably already know but you should check out a variety of Yacht Brokerages like Catalina Yacht Exchange, Long Beach Yacht Sales, Heritage Yacht Sales, and Vaught's Yacht Sales just to name a few. I don't know your expertise level or experience level with sailboats, but if you read the C-34 site you will learn a lot about our boats and if you want to pick my brain, you are welcome to do so anytime. I do a lot of OPB ing, (other peoples boats) which helps me to appreciate my C-34 more and more. But if you want to pick my brain you are welcome to contact me by sending an offline email. If you are ever going to be in the Long Beach area, I would be happy to meet with you.

Les
Les Luzar
#355    1987
Windshadow
Long Beach, CA

DarthOccam

Scott,

What era boat are you looking for?  Also, I assume you are familiar with Yachtworld.  It's a pretty comprehensive listing of boats for sail.  If you want to see the C34s for sale in California, here's the listing:

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/cache/searchResults.jsp?Ntk=boatsEN&searchtype=homepage&sm=3&luom=126&currencyid=100&cit=true&toLength=34&fromLength=34&fromPrice=0&man=Catalina&slim=quick&N=900&is=false&pricderange=Select+Price+Range

Don't know if you are looking for a newer boat, but I see that Catalina has a 2006 listed as being at their marine/office in Channel Islands Harbor.  They often get used boats in as trade ins.  We purchased our C34 from Catalina in 2010 as a used boat and they took extremely good care of us.

If you plan to be near Channel Islands Harbor in the near term and would like a walkthrough/lessons learned, would be happy to meet with you.  You can PM me if you are interested.

Regards,

Michael
Michael DeCamp
Serenity, #1703
Channel Islands Harbor, CA