New Owner - Greetings!

Previous topic - Next topic

kwaltersmi

Just thought I'd make a quick post to introduce myself.  My wife and I recently purchased a 1987 TR/WK C34 and are happily getting to know her a bit before the quickly approaching fall haul-out.  Looks like this forum and the C34IA will be an outstanding resource for us as owners. 
'87 C34 TR/WK M25XPB
SailFarLiveFree

Kevin Henderson

WELCOME ABOARD!!  :clap :clap

There is no question that cannot be answered within this vast resource of experienced and knowledgable C34 Owners.   :abd:
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

Clay Greene

Kevin, congratulations on your purchase!  I am glad you found a C34 and that you have joined this group.  You will find it to be an invaluable resource, I am sure. 

And FYI, our boat went to a couple who are keeping her in White Lake so you may well see her as you cruise on the warm side of Lake Michigan. 

Fair winds,

Clay Greene
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

kwaltersmi

Thanks Clay. Your boat and webpage was an inspiration and provided lots of ideas for upgrades!  We'll keep an eye out for her. 
'87 C34 TR/WK M25XPB
SailFarLiveFree

Kevin Henderson

Well Heck!!!
If I had known your name was Kevin..... :thumb: :abd:
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

Dave Spencer

Welcome to the great world of C34 sailing vessels Kevin. 
If I am correct, Kevin is modest in his introduction.  He is the former owner of an Irwin 28 "Island Bound" and has been published in Good Old Boat and I think Sail magazine.  He has a website that is linked by his signature line that I have been lurking for a few years.  I recall seeing the yellow trimmed "Island Bound" tied to shore at Heywood Island / Browning Cove in the North Channel of Georgian Bay as we were leaving the anchorage early one morning.  I would have enjoyed stopping to chat but I suspect we would have been unwelcome at 0615 when we left. 
There's tons of knowledge on this site Kevin and I'm sure with your combination of boat smarts, writing and website management capability, you'll bring a lot to this group too. 
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=JAO_jeGHtNY
Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

Paulus

Hi Kevin, I also keep my boat in Muskegon, Torresen.  Hope to see you around.
Cool Change
Paulus
Cool Change 1989 #944

kwaltersmi

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

Dave - We loved the anchorage in Browning Cove...I've thought about it often since that summer.  And yes, the editors at GOB, Sail and BoatUS have been very kind to me.  I've got a lot of writing to do this off season and can't wait to have more stories to write about the journeys our C34 takes us on.

We looked a ton of boats over the last couple of years, but we kept coming back to the Catalina 34. We couldn't get past the practicality, value and overall user friendliness/family friendliness offered in the C34.  It took a bit of hunting to find the "right one" at the right time, but our patience was rewarded with what we feel is the perfect boat for our cruising needs.
'87 C34 TR/WK M25XPB
SailFarLiveFree

Jack Hutteball

Kevin,
Welcome to the C34 Group.  I will be looking for some great articles from you for the Catalina Mainsheet!

Jack Hutteball
C34 Associate editor
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Stu Jackson

Welcome.

Hope to see you here often.

Ain't it FUN to find the RIGHT boat?  :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

TR : Welcome aboard.  One of the first things that I'd tackle (to learn more about a C34 ) is to read the Critical Updates and then your Owners manual for the boat and engine.

Here on the Message Board, we can help you thru most problems.  Good choice on a boat!!

Ron, Apache #788

lazybone

Congrats.
Buying my 34 was one of the happiest days of my life.
Enjoy
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677