Tall Ships

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Hardesty

This isn't a Catalina 34 topic.  But, I want to share a slide show of the Erie Tall Ships Festival from a fellow U.S.Brig Niagara volunteer.  Here is his email to me.   If you are not used to photobucket, it's best to use the slideshow option.    Enjoy.   Jim

Here are about 100 of the more interesting Parade of Sail photos.  It takes about 6-1/2 minutes at the fast slideshow speed to view them all.  Due to Photobucket, they are in random order.

http://s220.photobucket.com/user/bakerbrig/library/2013%20Parade%20of%20Sail?sort=4&page=1

Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Ron Hill

In case you're interested -- the tall lookout just fwd of the main mast (on deck) of the Niagara is my son-in-law!! :D
Ron, Apache #788

Phil Spicer

12 tall ships came here , Island area of Lake Erie. 200 years since the Battle of Lake Erie, War of 1812. The ships did the battle with 1000's of boats watching. A lot of our sail club went out to watch. My wife and I did a tour on board some of the ships. Those men would have really liked our 34's.  More headroom and bigger bunks.
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.